Pentagon rethinks photo ban on war coffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Ah, the good old days of Gulf War I -- back when Congress authorized wars, the US could muster a real coalition, the UN sanctioned it, and the entire war took all of 6 weeks.
    Desert Storm

Absolutely brilliant managed and organized war, and true to the requirements of the Powell Doctrine.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And all for nothing.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, we did liberate Kuwait from Saddam's evil clutches... which IIRC was the stated goal.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
          Awhile back, didn't you try excusing the behavior of homophobes picketing the funeral of dead veterans who happened to have been gay?

Because if my memory serves me right here, then you certainly are in no place to talk about respecting veterans who have died serving their country.
          I'm thinking BK had to think long and hard about this post of mine and by that time, he had forgotten about it.

So here it is again.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Awhile back, didn't you try excusing the behavior of homophobes picketing the funeral of dead veterans who happened to have been gay?
            Your memory is faulty. Funerals are not the place for protests. Respecting the dead is the most important thing.

Because if my memory serves me right here, then you certainly are in no place to talk about respecting veterans who have died serving their country.
            If you dig up the thread, you'll find that your memory has failed you.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Absolutely brilliant managed and organized war

Wrong. They let the Republican Guard escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Respecting the dead is the most important thing.
                The dead really don't care. Not picketing funerals is about respecting the living.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"For he is not a God of the dead, but a God of the living!"
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well, how does what you quoted contradict what Che said genious ?
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                    X