Michael Phelps -- Pothead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phelps.

****ing puritans just have to **** all over everything, don't they?
    B♭3

Comment

dopesmokers

(^^^only to get some balance in this thread; don't expect me to defend the viewpoint... *takes monster hit from steamroller*)
      Unbelievable!

Comment

****ing christ. Some weird dolphin-human hybrid happens to engage in a mildy socially unacceptable activity. Who gives a ****.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

After eight gold medals in one Olympics, it's pretty much all downhill from there, right?
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            It appears to be real, snoop...

***UPDATED February 1st, 1:30PM*** Michael Phelps has acknowledged that the photo showing him smoking marijuana from a bong is real. He released this statement:

I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.

EARLIER: Olympic Champion Michael Phelps, who vaulted to international stardom during the 2008 Summer Olympics by winning a record eight gold medals in swimming, has been caught in a very compromising position, according to a report by the British paper News of the World.

full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_162842.html
            A broken clock is right twice a day
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.
              He's correct. He should know able to hide direct photographic evidence of his appreciation illegal substances and keep a paper-thin veil of false decency, like all heroin-slinging rock stars and coked-up wall-steet frat-boys.

America FTW

Don't get cought on the camera again, brah *high-fives Michael Phelps*
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

While I think that MJ should be decriminalized, it still doesn't change the fact that he did something illegal and that as such he was being stupid/etc (and that is enough, although it probably won't, to impact his 'morality' clause).

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  YES, thank god there were no such things as camera phones when I was younger.

And it amazes me that the rich and famous haven't heard of such devices.
                  And then smile for the picture.

THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.
                  You mean like the time when you were younger and you were driving a golf cart while intoxicated?
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

He's incredibly stupid. The bong cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars at least.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Darius, if that's the case- and by the way, I think morals clauses are basically the biggest load of horse**** in history - then he simply gets more contracts with people who don't care.
                      So we should expect him to sell fur speedos next?

That only works with politics where if you annoy half of the people, you get the other half to love you even more.

Drugs are just not a good thing for endorsements. Endorsers are trying to market to as large a group as possible.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                        He's incredibly stupid. The bong cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars at least.
                        Like he needs it.
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

You know, throwing money down the toilet remains stupid long after you stop actually needing it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                            Roors are pretty pricey. Give me a two liter bottle, a pen, and some chewing gum, and I can make something that'll do the trick for pennies.

The cops in Ocean City even said my bongs were pretty cool. True story.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              You mean like the time when you were younger and you were driving a golf cart while intoxicated?
                              WHEN I WAS YOUNGER
                              I can't remember the last time I was driving a golf cart and I wasn't intoxicated by the 18th hole.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Uh oh...

Sheriff investigates whether Michael Phelps smoked pot
                                Charges will be filed if warranted, sheriff's spokesman says

(CNN) -- A South Carolina sheriff's office is investigating whether Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps smoked marijuana on the University of South Carolina campus.

Michael Phelps is facing a criminal investigation into whether he smoked marijuana on a college campus.

Authorities will file criminal charges if the investigation determines that they are warranted, a spokesman said Tuesday.

"If someone breaks the law in Richland County, we have an obligation as law enforcement to investigate and to bring charges," Sheriff Leon Lott said in a statement.

"The Richland County Sheriff's Department is making an effort to determine if Mr. Phelps broke the law. If he did, he will be charged in the same manner as anyone else. The sheriff has a responsibility to be fair, to enforce the law and to not turn a blind eye because someone is a celebrity."

Phelps admitted "regrettable behavior" on Sunday after a British newspaper published a photograph of him smoking marijuana through a bong. The tabloid News of the World showed Phelps using the bong during what it said was a November party at the University of South Carolina, in Richland County.

Both university police and Columbia, South Carolina, police have said they would not pursue charges, according to The State newspaper in Columbia. It was unclear where the party took place, the paper said, or whether it was on the USC campus.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/03/...ana/index.html
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X