Michael Phelps -- Pothead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phelps
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

For anyone curious, this is a sample of what the typical morals clause would include:

The party agrees to conduct himself with due regard to public conventions and morals. The party shall not, either while rendering such services to the producer or in his private life, commit a criminal offense under Federal, state or local laws or ordinances. The party agrees that he will not do or commit any act or thing that will tend to degrade him in society or bring him into public hatred, contempt, scorn or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or ridicule public morals or decency, or prejudice the producer or the motion picture, theatrical or radio industry in general.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Once you win 10 gold medals, you can do whatever the **** you want.

Guy is awesome all around. Just won a couple more appreciation points from me. Good job, hope you're using protection.

*highfive*
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Without having read anything but the headline - i am sure he didnt smoke before he won the 14 golds *caughcaugh*. BTW, i think it´s a bad desicion of his, but it´s his after all. Just like with everyone else. Doesnt matter to me how many medals he won - just makes it a bit more sad. Easy to say, that if i had such talent, i wouldnt make that mistake, but i am not him, do not know what moves him. Maybe even success gets boring, if you just had too much of it? Still better than having like 50 facial surgeries and end up looking like an alien of the stranger sort, after all.

Comment

Phelps
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              Lung capacity is hugely important in competitive swimming. I'd be really surprised if he smoked anything.
              If he just takes a few hits from the bong every once in a while, I doubt the effects are that important.

Ever heard of Guy Lafleur - best player in the NHL in his times - reportedly smoking a pack a day?
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                Are you going to be posting news from the Enquirer next, JR?
                It appears to be real, snoop...

***UPDATED February 1st, 1:30PM*** Michael Phelps has acknowledged that the photo showing him smoking marijuana from a bong is real. He released this statement:

I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.

EARLIER: Olympic Champion Michael Phelps, who vaulted to international stardom during the 2008 Summer Olympics by winning a record eight gold medals in swimming, has been caught in a very compromising position, according to a report by the British paper News of the World.

full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_162842.html
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

**grabs torch** Burn him at the stake!
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

He is pretty much universally considered to be a complete dick by anyone who has met him. He is famous for it actually. Not that he doesn't have a reason to be an arrogant ***** in some regards...
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It's not arrogance if he really is better than everyone else.

Comment

Something tells me that in 99% of his social situations do not involve swimming. If I were him I would certainly be riding the tide of popularity and fame as well, that doesn't mean you have to be a dick (though he has had this reputation since long before his olympic fame).
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                          KH has taught us this quite well...
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

Marijuana should not be illegal or banned.

Phelps can and should be left to live his own life.

He is making proper use of that bong, and I highly doubt that the bowl contains tobacco. No celebrity should do such things where photographic devices are present.

OTOH, we were all 23 once, most of us "feeling our oats," and did one or two things () that we would not want brought to the attention of the whole world. Most successful athletes tend to the arrogant SOB side. So, I say, leave the lad be.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

YES, thank god there were no such things as camera phones when I was younger.

And it amazes me that the rich and famous haven't heard of such devices.
                              And then smile for the picture.

THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Blaupanzer, I totally agree. Part of the problem is that camera phones make it virtually impossible to avoid getting your picture taken.
                                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X