Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just me - or Apolyton the slowest site in www?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just me - or Apolyton the slowest site in www?

Damn it - i had it - seriously. Apolyton is so freaking slow for me, it´s like surfing on a 56k modem again - and i have 16Mbit. Is it just me or do others experience Apolyton as being extremely slow as well? It´s not my connection btw - i tried various other sites (and did clean the cache before i did).

its their obsolete server from 2007 or so.

i made a thrade in the Community Forum about it... hopefully Danial Q will read, respond, or be restrictive
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This must be Settler Jr. at the plow. The 4 yr old child of Settler.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It's become very slow for me as well. It takes upwards of 20 seconds to load a page, on average.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
          its their obsolete server from 2007 or so.

i made a thrade in the Community Forum about it... hopefully Danial Q will read, respond, or be restrictive

Yeah, you should wish Dan to be more restrictive.

If he was, we wouldn't be reading your "thrades".
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Depends on the time of day for me. But it's generally slow.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Generally slow, with times of many page reloads.
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

It's one of them, that's for sure.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

but there is not much traffic... is it the size of the forums?
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

No, it's Asher's ego.

Comment

get rid of the silly attack defense crap. No one looks at them.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        Yeah, you should wish Dan to be more restrictive.

If he was, we wouldn't be reading your "thrades".
                        /win
                        B♭3

Comment

The interface is too bloated. There was something like 200kb of data per page on default style the last time I checked. 20kb would be reasonable.

But this would require effort from site admins

Comment

it is incredibly slow

Comment

Seriously WTF, there's gonna be less and less membership each week if this continues...
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                              X