Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me, or are tattoos an utter waste of money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me, or are tattoos an utter waste of money?

I'm convinced I'm the only person in the U.S. who realizes this. I actually think I'm cool because I don't have a tattoo. Everywhere I look, everyone has one! Maybe it's the city I live in (Las Vegas). Perhaps in civilized and religious parts of the U.S. some people don't have them. But in my city, I'm the only one who doesn't have a tattoo.

I actually considered getting one at one time, then I realized. These are an utter waste of money!!!!!!!!!!! They do absolutely nothing, and look like **** in 10 years. Why would I waste money on that? It's not like a tattoo will help me get laid. I can take the money I save, and buy a whore for the night.

You're right Dis. Tattoos are stupid.
    be free

Comment

Tattoos are like any other art; some are good and some are not.

I have a demon skull on my left pec which I acquired when I was a soldier.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Tattoos with actual meaning; unit patches, religious symbols, cultural symbols

Not gang tattoos though, I think it's just silly walking around screaming that you belong to a group with so many enemies. Those people really need to learn to use their brains.

Tattoos for the sake of saying "ZOMFG LOOK AT ME SO TOTALLY NOT CONFORMING AND TOTALLY BEING MYSELF, LOOK I EVEN DREW IT MYSELF WHICH IS WHY IT LOOKS LIKE ****!"

Tattoos, regardless of what they are, that cannot be covered.

I personally wouldn't get any tattoos. A person's body tells a story as it is, no need to muck it up with silly looking cartoons.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
          Tattoos are like any other art; some are good and some are not.
          This is more or less my opinion, with the exception that I think most art is crap with a few gems scattered here and there.

Personally, I would never get a tattoo. I just can't think of a reason why I would want one.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
            Is it me, or are tattoos an utter waste of money?
            It's not just you, tattoos are a waste of money. 99% of all tattoos are totally pointless. I can accept tattoos that has a point, but just getting a tattoo to be "cool" is
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The only tattoos I like are the ones I see at the university gyms with the Olympic Rings and Maple Leaf. Most Canadian Olympians get the tattoo somewhere, and I can see the point to that one. It even looks cool. Doesn't hurt that the guys who get said tattoos are very, very fit.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I wonder if tattoos are generational?
                At my University (fairly conservative by California standards), I would estimate most of the students have tats. And those are just the ones that are visible.
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I have a swastika tattoo on my chest.

Comment

It's not so much the waste of money thing, it's that all tattoos look like ****. There's only varying degrees of ****, and in no case does one look better than without a tattoo. This is doubly true for females as it is for males.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                      I have a swastika tattoo on my chest.

That was a real smart decision.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

i would never have a tattoo myself, but some do look good on some people.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

No tattoo, but there are some that look good. I've liked them when they are good, but others are just horrible.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Thanks! Will you be my friend?

Comment

Indeed. As my dad told me, you never put your swastika tattoos anywhere that's visible in a short-sleeve shirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X