Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me, or are tattoos an utter waste of money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not generally a fan of tattoos, but I have seen some guys with tattoos that circle their biceps that are relatively classy and not so bad.

The creepiest tattoo moment was this guy at my local gym. He was a huge skinhead type and wore shorts, and covering his legs were tons of full-color Nazi-themed tattoos, including one of an aryan brown shirt waving a Swastika flag. One day I saw him in the locker room shirtless, and he had a lifesize portrait of Adolf Hitler tatooed on his back.

That's commitment. If he ever changes his mind about the whole Nazi thing, that will suck for him. Maybe he can have Hitler modified to Charlie Chaplin...
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I just wonder if Chinese people get English tattoos on their bodies.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
        I just wonder if Chinese people get English tattoos on their bodies.
        They do
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          The creepiest tattoo moment was this guy at my local gym. He was a huge skinhead type and wore shorts, and covering his legs were tons of full-color Nazi-themed tattoos, including one of an aryan brown shirt waving a Swastika flag. One day I saw him in the locker room shirtless, and he had a lifesize portrait of Adolf Hitler tatooed on his back.

That's commitment. If he ever changes his mind about the whole Nazi thing, that will suck for him.

Are you following along, Riesstiu?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww, I'm sure he wasn't serious.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Being serious for a moment, I actually don't have any tattoos or piercings on my body. I once had a short term girlfriend with two lip piercings and a standard tramp stamp. I thought they just detracted from her looks.

In the past, I have flaunted with the idea of putting a small 1in. x 1in. Sikh Khanda symbol on the upper right arm as a partial representation of my heritage. While it would probably be more meaningful than a lot of tattoos just the idea of not be able to remove it at any time turns me off to the idea of tattoos.
              Attached Files

Comment

You're a Sikh? Do you wear the ceremonial knife?

Comment

and here I was thinking Riesstiu's avatar was a self-portrait...
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

I'm half Indian/half white. Pretty sure I've mentioned it before.

I don't practice any religion myself but my mother is from a Sikh family.

Comment

This girl at my old work had the legend "It's my life" tattooed in the middle of her back. Apart from looking ridiculous and its potentially leading people to believe she was a huge fan of Dr Alban, the crowning turd on this expression of independence was that the tattoo wasn't straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                        girlfriend with two lip piercings and a standard tramp stamp. I thought they just detracted from her looks.
                        I had never heard the term 'tramp stamp' until a couple of months ago. A very descriptive phrase which always makes me chuckle. Maybe a small tatoo in an obscure place on your body. Anything else is a cry out to "LOOK AT ME, I"M NOT NORMAL and PROUD OF IT"

Disclaimer, I'll excuse any military ones on Military people done during bouts of extreme drunkiness since no rational thought was involved in the decision making process, and if you're in the military you deserve to be cut some slack on anything that requires thought. God Bless America
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                          Apart from looking ridiculous and its potentially leading people to believe she was a huge fan of Dr Alban
                          Even worse is leading others to believe she was a huge fan of Bon Jovi

Though Billy Joel is ok-ish...
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                            I don't practice any religion myself but my mother is from a Sikh family.
                            Does this mean she keeps her legs hairy?
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

... I hope to never know the answer to that question.

I think it's only the super religious male Sikhs that never shave their hair or beards. I could be wrong. Neither of my parents are religious people.

Comment

I once knew a pair of Sikh twins, who weren't identical but they were both hot. They had shaven legs.

PS - yes, they were women, not male cyclists of swimmers.

Comment

Working...
                                X