Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really, really hate smokers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cort Haus
    replied
    Originally posted by Elok View Post
    Asher, I like you a lot, but you let your temper control you. Even if he were doing that, it would hardly matter, because, well, can you name a single person he's come close to convincing over all these years? I can't, because his stances are patently ludicrous, and I've never seen anyone who wasn't already a homophobic ninny to begin with agree with them. He's the most notoriously illogical poster on Poly, and that's really saying something. It's like you're getting angry at somebody who's huffing and puffing to try and blow out the sun. Who gives a damn? He's never going to blow it out anyway.
    Agreed.

    And if you say I've never been offended like this, I'll be forced to tally all the mentions of invisible pink unicorns and flying spaghetti monsters and all that other horse**** that gets trotted out against believers in general each week. Yes, I have the choice to not be religious, but I assure you I feel quite aggrieved every time people suggest that my parish priest is the same as the grand inquisitor and we all want to burn books and blah blah blah.
    Disagree - I don't recall anyone suggesting that your parish priest was a Grand Inquisitor. TBF, both sides of the theological debate have hurled stuff at each other that either side didn't like. I was certainly offended at the suggestion that atheists cannot possibly have any morality - which is not a million miles away from the absurd nonsense that BK proposed about gay monogomy which sparked Asher's episode.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    I have to give LA credit as they've really come a long way. Downtown used to be a ghost town with nothing but drug addicts and prostitutes but they've really worked hard to make it an entertainment center which white suburbanites don't run away from screaming.

    The new subway, incomplete though the system is, is also very nice connecting many major attractions. It's to bad the seats are as hard and uncomfortable as your average park bench.

    Leave a comment:


  • Naked Gents Rut
    replied
    Summer's too hot. The weather is ok in Spring and Autumn, but that doesn't solve the problem of incessant traffic noise and fumes. Manhattan is generally a pretty bad place to eat outside.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
    Yeah, there's a ton of outside seating here in NYC. It's really great at this time of year.
    In the middle of January? How do you rate Autumn, Spring, and Summer for outside seating NYC?

    Leave a comment:


  • Naked Gents Rut
    replied
    NYC does suck. I'm just pointing out that, as ****ty as it is, it's still a much better place to live than San Diego.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    Meh, San Diego itself is quite happening and fun but on the rare occassion I want something that isn't here then LA is just 1.75 hours away and it has EVERYTHING NYC has. It's very easy to catch a concert at LA Live in the new part of downtown or to go clubbing on Sunset Blvd. Plus I can easily smoke in Jan without freezing my balls off.

    Drake is just jealous. He comes from a sucky place so now he's trying to live it up in NYC even though he used to claim NYC sucked. Sure, he's flip flopping but at least he's finally moving closer to the real world.

    Leave a comment:


  • Naked Gents Rut
    replied
    Most likely a combination of both. I'm not sure which is the bigger factor.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Is that because of the city itself, or the fact that Oerdin lives there?

    Leave a comment:


  • Naked Gents Rut
    replied
    No. New York is a thousand times more fun and happening than San Diego. Not that that's saying much. Pretty much every North American city is more exciting than San Diego.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    You live in the wrong place.

    Leave a comment:


  • Naked Gents Rut
    replied
    Yeah, there's a ton of outside seating here in NYC. It's really great at this time of year.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    There is now more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tuberski
    replied
    I remember a lot of places already having outside seating.

    ACK!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    The only results of the smoking ban I've seen locally is a lot of restaurants set up out door seating or built patios in what used to be part of the car park while others rebranded themselves as smoke shops which served food because there is a loop hole in the state law where if the place sells tobacco products then smoking is allowed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alinestra Covelia
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    I was going to post about pole smoking until I saw Ming's post

    JM
    Damn right. Poland's been through a lot. Cut its citizens some slack would you?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X