The European Dream is the last hope for the ultimate victory of humanist ideals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    Pfft!!!! My family arrived in Virginia on the "Discovery". We've been here for over 400 years. We ain't immigrants.
    If you is a peckerwood, you is an immigrant.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      Hmmm Picard had an accent. That's about the only link I can see. The rest is imaginary.
      Funny - cause in the german dubbed version, he´s got no accent at all (actually there´s two different german voices for him - the switch being totally annoying). So, if that´s the only real part about it, i wonder, how i came to the imaginary conclusion ? (Frankly, of course i do know the original voice of P).

P.S: talking about TNG-voices: Did you guys know, that Brent Spiner (Data) got a CD out? >Ol´ yellow eyes is back< it´s called and he got quite a voice. I just wonder, if he means the state, when he sings ´nothing could be finer, than to be in Carolina - in the morning...´...

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        Hmmm Picard had an accent. That's about the only link I can see. The rest is imaginary.
        Not from my perspective, being English and a Yorkshireman as well...it's hard to tell...he is quite well spoken, although maybe he has a slight Yorkshire accent in there as well that I can't tell due to my origin.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I think he does a ´spoken-lyrics´-part on Spiner´s album as well (in best William Shatner tradition).

Comment

• Spiner did an album?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by fed1943 View Post
              Dr. Strangelove:
              You know where,when and how your ancestors arrived to your country; you just proved my
              point. You hardly find a handful of Europeans,Africans or Asians who remember it.
              And nothing wrong to be "a people of immigrants"; conversely I think that's the deep reason
              you have the best chances to be the seeds of a viable alternative to the next world war.
              Best regards,
              Don't blame me that your people didn't keep records. Illiteracy is no reason for bragging in my book.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                Spiner did an album?
                Yeah - and it aint so bad - if you like that kind of music (i cant name the type, but i returned to the album, for supplements of the FallOut theme - to give you an idea). As could be observed on several occasions (one i remember would be the wedding of Riker and Troy in ST10) the guy can sing. There is really no reason to feel ashamed about it (as your emoticon suggests).

Comment

• I've just finished playing Endwar... its interesting to finally play a game as Euro, few games like that.

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                  X