No announcement yet.

science says: abstinence is not an option, teen sex inevitable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you think people only think about wanting sex once they've been told about a condom?
    Partially. I'm saying two things.

1. Some will be more likely to have sex.

2. Some will be more likely to take more risks.

So you have a shift both in the number of partners that someone will have, and in the overall pool of folks who have sex.

Yes or no, if some people are going to have sex regardless, wouldn't it be better if they knew about condoms?
    Not unless you make it clear that the benefits provided are only there with the proper behaviour, ie, not sleeping around.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

Its a question of statistical probability. Based on large populations, we know that condoms are 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. I'd guess that people using condoms in order to prevent STI have the same risk for condom failure. Therefore, within a large population, a person having sex with 50 random people while using a condom 100% of the time will have exposed themselves to a STI once.

Your question about my comment illustrates the problem. People think that condom use makes them invulnerable, and they are not. The take home message, if you **** around you increase your risk of acquiring an STI, even with condom use.
      I never thought that condoms made me invulenerable to exposure of STDs.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
      X