Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

Originally posted by Asher

It is absolutely true, and I drive 450km per week on the 400 series highways -- always after 8pm.
    In the absence of a cite supporting your position all we have it anecdotal evidence.

1000 > 450

That's not the part that people are upset with.
    I agree, this is not the major complaint with the Bill although it does speak to the point you were making about "assclown". He is a little less of one when that missing fact is considered.

I personally don't have a strong opinion on the issue. I like a reasonable graduated licence system however I would remove the "young driver" definition and just go with "novice driver". It is driving experience (and record) I am concerned about, not chronological age.

The Bill is a grab bag of amendments btw. Here is the tabled version:

Higher fines for many offences.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

Originally posted by Wezil
      In the absence of a cite supporting your position all we have it anecdotal evidence.
      Yes, and anyone who has driven on the 400 series roads knows the speed limit is significantly lower than the average flow of traffic -- even cop cars got significantly faster than the limit normally.

I agree, this is not the major complaint with the Bill although it does speak to the point you were making about "assclown". He is a little less of one when that missing fact is considered.
      No, he is not any less of an assclown. He knew full well about his son's traffic violations before he started his stupid crusade, and he's still doing it now knowing it full well.

And 18 and 19 years should not have their traffic violations reported to their parents anyway.

He's an assclown, period. No excuses.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

He's an assclown, I agree.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

Yes, and anyone who has driven on the 400 series roads knows the speed limit is significantly lower than the average flow of traffic -- even cop cars got significantly faster than the limit normally.
          That was not what I was disputing. 130km/h is not the "average".

No, he is not any less of an assclown. He knew full well about his son's traffic violations before he started his stupid crusade, and he's still doing it now knowing it full well.
          But he found out about the convictions after the accident. He wanted the law changed so young drivers with multiple convictions would have their licence taken away. If this was the case before the accident his son may not have been driving that day.

And 18 and 19 years should not have their traffic violations reported to their parents anyway.
          I agree, but you can't blame him for bad parenting when the law keeps him in the dark when there is a problem yet doesn't suspend the licence of "dumbass" on their end.

He's an assclown, period. No excuses.
          I'm not a fan of public crusaders in general and I find them particularly distasteful when they are grieving parents. Emotion should not guide public policy decisions.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

But he found out about the convictions after the accident. He wanted the law changed so young drivers with multiple convictions would have their licence taken away. If this was the case before the accident his son may not have been driving that day.
            That's fine but that's not nearly all he's pushing for. Additionally, his son was not a child anymore and legally his parents had no business knowing anyway.

I agree, but you can't blame him for bad parenting when the law keeps him in the dark when there is a problem yet doesn't suspend the licence of "dumbass" on their end.
            You think the only kind of parenting is reactive parenting?

I knew not to drink and drive without getting ****ing busted for it.

Bad parenting.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

That's fine but that's not nearly all he's pushing for.
              No, that was just the part you left out of your summary.

Additionally, his son was not a child anymore and legally his parents had no business knowing anyway.
              We agree on this.

You think the only kind of parenting is reactive parenting?
              Of course not but it is certainly important.

I knew not to drink and drive without getting ****ing busted for it.
              You get a cookie.

Bad parenting.
              It's hard not to agree with that.

Comment

Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

The only people who live there are hippies or vet school students, who are hippies.
                Ozzy - "Guelph" - def - The sound a dog makes while puking.
                So much ignorance!

Guelph is so totally cosmopolitan.

Plus, the definition of Guelph is the sound it makes when you step in dog****. Get it right!

Originally posted by Kuci
                I've felt worse after a restless night's sleep than I do after a couple of beers. You must be a lightweight drinker.
                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

Originally posted by Xorbon

So much ignorance!

Guelph is so totally cosmopolitan.

Plus, the definition of Guelph is the sound it makes when you step in dog****. Get it right!

You can't tell your lies. I am familiar with Guelph.

Comment

Working...
                  X