Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mad Paint skillz.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It also goes for your stepson's driving skills.

It's one thing to spin out on ice and hit a fence, it's quite another to oversteer in a (presumably) residential neighborhood.

Though to be fair, he probably was driving some kind of American POS.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nope.

Korean POS.

Isuzu Rodeo.

ACK!

Comment

When I first learned to drive (I was 18, though I didn't bother to get a full license until I needed one at 23) I managed to blow out a tire by running over the curb when making a turn.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
            Nope.

Korean POS.

Isuzu Rodeo.

ACK!
            Isuzu was a Japanese company and the Rodeo was made in Indiana.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yes, correct. I still have a Honda Passport which is basically the same car made in that same plant. Not a POS. Most reliable car I've ever owned.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Isuzu was a Japanese company and the Rodeo was made in Indiana.
                I stand corrected.

Originally posted by rah
                Yes, correct. I still have a Honda Passport which is basically the same car made in that same plant. Not a POS. Most reliable car I've ever owned.
                Ours is a '97 with 164K miles on it, we just rebuilt the transmission because it has run so well.

ACK!

Comment

Mine's a 95 with less than 90k miles on it. Except for standard maint., no work has been needed on it
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What's most perplexing about this stupid proposed law is there's NO NEED for a "crackdown" on young drivers.

Look at these statistics:

This is all stemming from an incident earlier this year when a kid (I think he was 19) had a TON to drink with 3 of his friends, then they decided to go driving up to cottage country. The kid ended up driving his car off the edge of a cliff into a lake and killed everyone but his girlfriend in the car.

The dad, rather than think maybe his parenting was to blame, immediately blamed "lax" young driver laws in the province. Nevermind that driving drunk was already illegal and this guy was definitely drunk. Nevermind that statistics show that young drivers today are far safer than even 10 years ago and are still improving as it is. This guy went on a public crusade, with the help of the media, demonizing young drivers and acting like something needed to be done. Because it wasn't his fault or his son's fault, it was the province that failed him.

This ****ing assclown is making everyone's life more difficult just because his son was a dumbass.

Comment

data = irrelevant when people decide to pass laws

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        God love the Brits. They have a line on the glasses. And woe to the barkeep who cheats.
                        And we have a decent drinking age limit

So Asher, whose stupid now Or do Brits not count as Euros?
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill

And we have a decent drinking age limit

So Asher, whose stupid now Or do Brits not count as Euros?
                          Brits are immensely stupid.

I'm not sure how they do things in Montreal, but there are laws in Alberta regarding precise measurements. A colleague of mine remarked how strange it was to ask for a pint or a shot and have it be precisely measured by the barkeep, as opposed to just pouring the damn thing.

Alberta, too, has a decent drinking age limit also.

Comment

Alberta Nice troll as well complete non sequetur though, uif there wasn;t such a complete disconnect I might have fallen for it.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

Originally posted by Asher
                              ...even though the average car on the 400-series roads goes 30 above the limit already...
                              This will not become true just because you keep saying it. I drive 1000km per week on the 400 series highways at a speed of 120-125km and I am one of the faster drivers. I pass far more vehicles than those that pass me.

This is all stemming from an incident earlier this year when a kid (I think he was 19) had a TON to drink with 3 of his friends, then they decided to go driving up to cottage country. The kid ended up driving his car off the edge of a cliff into a lake and killed everyone but his girlfriend in the car.

The dad, rather than think maybe his parenting was to blame, immediately blamed "lax" young driver laws in the province. Nevermind that driving drunk was already illegal and this guy was definitely drunk. Nevermind that statistics show that young drivers today are far safer than even 10 years ago and are still improving as it is. This guy went on a public crusade, with the help of the media, demonizing young drivers and acting like something needed to be done. Because it wasn't his fault or his son's fault, it was the province that failed him.

This ****ing assclown is making everyone's life more difficult just because his son was a dumbass.

A good summary except for the omission of one rather important fact. This was not the first time "dumbass" had driving issues. He had several prior speeding tickets which "assclown" was unaware of (as the law doesn't keep parents informed of these things).

The proposed legislation would suspend a "young" or "novice" driver for bad driving habits much sooner than it currently does.

Ozzy - "Guelph" - def - The sound a dog makes while puking.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Re: Ontario gets just a little more big brother

Originally posted by Wezil
                                This will not become true just because you keep saying it. I drive 1000km per week on the 400 series highways at a speed of 120-125km and I am one of the faster drivers. I pass far more vehicles than those that pass me.
                                It is absolutely true, and I drive 450km per week on the 400 series highways -- always after 8pm.

I also find it annoying you're seriously arguing over a difference of 5km/h at ~125-130 km/h. Really, dude, pick your battles.

The proposed legislation would suspend a "young" or "novice" driver for bad driving habits much sooner than it currently does.
                                That's not the part that people are upset with.

Comment

Working...
                                X