Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have lost faith in America, and Americans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by MrFun
    I think he privately supports equal marriage rights for gays and lesbians but out of pragmatism, he publicly advocates civil unions as a realistic step in right direction.
    Which means he doesn't care about the issue. That's what I'm talking about. You guys are never going to get what you want with the kind of attitude. Show people that you won't tolerate this **** anymore.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

    Comment


    • #32
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

      Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Jaguar
        **** that. Y'all finally win all the damn elections, and then you refuse to push on the one damn time you're actually unequivocally right about something?

        This is why your party sucks.
        Your outrage rings hollow, considering the party you choose to support is far, far worse.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

        Comment


        • #34
          Obama is against gay marriage in name only, apparently, as MrFun says. I would also rather allow "civil unions" right now that are basically the same thing as far as legal benefits and such go, it's actually more likely to get something moving forward in society. People now certainly aren't ready or willing to accept gay marriage that is actually called gay marriage. Sometimes a different name is what you need.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          Contact: solver-at-weplayciv-dot-com
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Kidicious
            Which means he doesn't care about the issue. That's what I'm talking about. You guys are never going to get what you want with the kind of attitude. Show people that you won't tolerate this **** anymore.
            That's the same attitude that got us DADT and crippled the Clinton Administration early on.

            I'm in favor of longterm pragmatism. Obama is already poised to make significant strides on LGBT issues, but he couldn't go so strongly against a cultural current that still exists. Not uplifting, I know, but that's the breaks for a candidate who wants to get elected. Coming out in favor of gay marriage would have hurt him substantially, and galvanized Republicans who otherwise appeared to have stayed home, based on turnout numbers.

            An Obama presidency will be far better for gays than a McCain presidency will be, no question. And that's an important step.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by onodera
              Why should a black or Hispanic person support gay marriage? Just because he is or was also treated unfairly by the society?
              Gays should just accept that calling gay marriages marriages upsets too many people. They should refer to them as civil unions only. Less controversy means more efficiency.
              And blacks should have been happy with the black schools they were sent to.

              You can make the argument that a rose by any other name smells just as sweet, but in the case of these amendments, many of them aren't just about renaming "marriage". They're about creating an entirely seperate-but-equal institution.
              B♭3

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Boris Godunov


                That's the same attitude that got us DADT and crippled the Clinton Administration early on.

                I'm in favor of longterm pragmatism. Obama is already poised to make significant strides on LGBT issues, but he couldn't go so strongly against a cultural current that still exists. Not uplifting, I know, but that's the breaks for a candidate who wants to get elected. Coming out in favor of gay marriage would have hurt him substantially, and galvanized Republicans who otherwise appeared to have stayed home, based on turnout numbers.

                An Obama presidency will be far better for gays than a McCain presidency will be, no question. And that's an important step.
                Well if you want to ride in the back of the bus, so to speak, that's fine by me. I mean if you don't really give a **** then why should we?
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Boris Godunov


                  Your outrage rings hollow, considering the party you choose to support is far, far worse.
                  I vote on taxes. I'm comfortable with that. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have opinions on other stuff.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

                  Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Kidicious
                    Well if you want to ride in the back of the bus, so to speak, that's fine by me. I mean if you don't really give a **** then why should we?
                    You don't get to tell me whether or not I give a ****, thanks very much. You have no idea.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Boris Godunov


                      You don't get to tell me whether or not I give a ****, thanks very much. You have no idea.
                      I always find it amusing when people get outraged on the behalf of minorities they're not a part of, particularly when it doesn't seem like they truly understand the issues.
                      B♭3

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Boris Godunov


                        You don't get to tell me whether or not I give a ****, thanks very much. You have no idea.
                        You voted for a candidate that's against gay marriage. So did gays by and large. I think I'll judge for myself.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
                          I always find it amusing when people get outraged on the behalf of minorities they're not a part of
                          Obviously you have no capacity to feel empathy for another person.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Kidicious
                            Obviously you have no capacity to feel empathy for another person.
                            Obviously you are constitutionally incapable of not being a douchebag, have what appears to be borderline personality disorder, evidenced by your incapacity to understand things like nuance, and you have a fundamental fault with your thought process, as you have no capacity to actually make logical chains of thought.

                            I find it amusing that you are more offended about Obama's pragmatic position on gay marriage than the fags on this board.

                            I find it amusing that you think Obama's anti-gay just because of his public viewpoint.

                            Especially because according to your posts, you're a ****ing breeder.
                            B♭3

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles

                              Obviously you are constitutionally incapable of not being a douchebag, have what appears to be borderline personality disorder, evidenced by your incapacity to understand things like nuance, and you have a fundamental fault with your thought process, as you have no capacity to actually make logical chains of thought.

                              I find it amusing that you are more offended about Obama's pragmatic position on gay marriage than the fags on this board.

                              I find it amusing that you think Obama's anti-gay just because of his public viewpoint.

                              Especially because according to your posts, you're a ****ing breeder.
                              Besides that fact that this post is nothing but trash you didn't counter the point that I made.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                What, that I'm obviously incapable of feeling empathy for anyone? I don't know how I can prove that on an online person, you ****ing ****, and I don't feel the need to prove that I can to you, least of all.

                                In the words of Immortal Cheney, go **** yourself.
                                B♭3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X