I have lost faith in America, and Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have lost faith in America, and Americans

Obama is a secret Muslim! He pals around with terrorists! He is an illegal alien who killed his grandmother to keep his secret religion secret!
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

His secret sorcret is out!

Don't forget to call him Nobama. Or Obamanation. Whichever suits you best.

Also, can I ruffle your feathers?
    Last edited by Zevico; November 5, 2008, 04:54.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Gay marriage bans pass in Florida and California
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
        Yes, but look at the cross tabs, the generation gap is MASSIVE. Just a matter of time before we got gay marriage bans being taken down in state after state...
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

It will be at least a generation in Florida. We'll need a 60%+1 majority to do it.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All the more reason to lose faith with America.

Comment

Not to sound like BK but it isn't over yet. Prop 8 is only up by 4 points with 24% of the vote still to be counted but, yes, it is a steep hill to climb. It's disappointing that the blacks and hispanics who just registered to vote and who are celebrating the end of racial discrimination were the ones who, seemingly, voted overwhelmingly to ban civil rights for gays. WTF? "We hated it when you were discriminating against us but we're fine with discriminating against gays."
              Last edited by Dinner; November 5, 2008, 13:30.

Comment

That's hardly abnormal human behaviour
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I have lost faith in America, and Americans

With as much as 47% voting for the party thas has ruled for the last 8 years, it's understandable
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

that's just great
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                      That's hardly abnormal human behaviour
                      +1
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Damnit. It's gonna take some more time, apparently.

-Arrian

p.s. WTF, Oerdin? Obama won, handily. Be happy.
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Looking at it from this side of the ocean, I continue to be amazed at how conservative the American society remains, overall. While the people were able to elect Obama, the ballot proposal voting is still downright conservative. Adoption by gays banned, gay marriage banned. It's just... weird.
                          Last edited by Solver; November 5, 2008, 10:55.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            Abortion by gays banned... weird.

What?
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

My parents (who live in CA) were complaining about gay marriage, and I had no idea why. They said something like "it's not marriage". I'm like "I don't give a crap what you call it, that symantics. You want to ban civil union because of a word? I personally feel that if a son is not married and lives with his widowed mom then there is no reason he can't have his mom on his insurance, and that they can't join in a civil union because they support each other." They were all, "it's still not right." I told them it wasn't my debate and if you were going to get all childish over it I wouldn't bother.

Then, my little sister said "next thing you know they'll ban abortions." WTF?!

I consider myself conservative, but where is this crap coming from? I'm sure my little sister voted for Obama, but why the abortion comment? I know she had one because of imminent danger to both her and the child, but has that become the only issue for her?

I really hate one issue voters. I also hate people who vote from spite and without concern for what is right and true.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X