Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not just say one or the other if they are different. i.e. if it turns out to be $250k I'm sure people between $150k and $250k will feel lied to.
    It's a bogus figure anyways. How can you reduce the taxes of those who don't pay anything? 40 percent of all americans don't pay any tax at all, so at most Obama's figure will benefit 55 percent of the people while making the other 45 worse off.

And that's assuming the others benefited by the plan to soak the rich. Sure, I might get a bigger handout but that doesn't mean anything to me if I get laid off.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• But has she ever made a military decision .... ever?
      Awesome. So that means she's equally qualified with Barack Obama to be McCain's running mate.

I remember in the 1992 election, when Governor Clinton claimed he had military experience because he was commander of the Arkansas National Guard. Papa Bush handed Bill his arse in a sling for making such a silly statement.
      I think it's silly for the presidential nominee to be attacking his opponent's vice president. I mean really. Obviously Obama is less qualified to be president then McCain, so why even play this card? Just accept that you are the inexperienced one and argue that you have change behind you which will propel you to the election, qualified or not.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Not good enough. That's how old Obama was when he was conspiring with Ayres to bomb the Pentagon.
        They start em young these days.

At least Ayers didn't target an abortion clinic, that would mean hell to pay.

Comment

• Its my understanding that people who don't pay taxes will get a check. Money for nothing, checks for free. I blame U2.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
            Its my understanding that people who don't pay taxes will get a check. Money for nothing, checks for free. I blame U2.
            Why? That's a Dire Straits lyric...
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• And I always thought it was "chicks for free".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Why? That's a Dire Straits lyric...
                They did 'chicks for free'. U2 did 'checks for free'. Got a job in advertising no doubt.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

It's a bogus figure anyways. How can you reduce the taxes of those who don't pay anything? 40 percent of all americans don't pay any tax at all, so at most Obama's figure will benefit 55 percent of the people while making the other 45 worse off.

And that's assuming the others benefited by the plan to soak the rich. Sure, I might get a bigger handout but that doesn't mean anything to me if I get laid off.
                  1. If you get laid off (aka lose your income) a bigger handout means a hell of a lot.

2. Everyone pays taxes - not everyone pays income taxes. There is a difference. And no, 40% of the population are not exempt from income taxes, unless you are claiming that the economic conditions thanks to republicans have been so bad that so many Americans are poor.,,,,,,,
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• It is Dire Straits, the concept remains the same. It's really mice nuts who sang it.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Apparently Obama's aunt is an illegal alien on the lam in Boston, living in government housing and contributing (illegally) to her nephew's campaign. Just when you thought this election couldn't get any weirder...

Syndicated news and opinion website providing continuously updated headlines to top news and analysis sources.

Comment

• Well, to be fair, Khalidi is pro-Palestinian. And he does pal around with Palestinians.
                        He's also extremely good friends with Bill Ayers, like Obama. Read the acknowledgments for Resurrecting Empire and see whose name pops up first.

Comment

• Total aside...I was starting to worry about Lancer.

I read the title of this thread as "The Last Erection Thread"

-=Vel=-

(we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming)
                          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Payroll taxes, dude. Payroll taxes.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut
                              Apparently Obama's aunt is an illegal alien on the lam in Boston, living in government housing and contributing (illegally) to her nephew's campaign. Just when you thought this election couldn't get any weirder...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
                              You mean, just when utterly irrelevant non-issues keep being brought up by a press with no sense of what matters and egged on by people with little common sense.

Comment

• That Breitbart site is pretty ammusing, in the sense that anyone could think that is useful or meaningful journalism.

Comment

Working...
                                X