Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't do it yet... with the news out today... I wouldn't be surprised we head south of 7k for DOW

btw Nortel did pretty well since the post above went from .4 to .6 didn't even fall today, but I'd get out now given the overall market sentiment... better be out of the market at least until we reach new lows...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Oh, the money transfer will take a couple of days. I imagine the buy-in would be early next week.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• the start today is looking very positive, but whatever happens, I doubt the positive feelings will be lasting long... given the state where the economy is, and recent news I am pretty certain we will be breaking new lows before long...
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• ^means, I'm betting the farm!
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Volatility is still way too high for this to be over. VIX is still around ~68. To put that in perspective, in the past 20 years it hasn't gone over 45 for any extended period of time (more than a day or two) till this year.

And lets face it, nothing much has been fixed so far, just an incoherent patch job/power grab.

Comment

• Volatility is still way too high for this to be over. VIX is still around ~68. To put that in perspective, in the past 20 years it hasn't gone over 45 for any extended period of time (more than a day or two) till this year.

Increased expected volatility = increased equity premium.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
                And lets face it, nothing much has been fixed so far, just an incoherent patch job/power grab.
                I don't think the government (ex-Fed) will be saving this one. The market and the Fed are already doing the heavy lifting.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I've just upped my position on ACUS. They, amongst other small-cap biotech, are pending FDA decissions. Cheap stock right now, or so it would seem.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• BMRN

I see a big turn around for BioMarin.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                      I don't think the government (ex-Fed) will be saving this one. The market and the Fed are already doing the heavy lifting.
                      The market is doing it's job. The Fed (and Treasury) are getting in the way.

The re-evaluation had to happen. The willy nilly save one entity, bail out another, let some fail... all without prior notice (or in direct contradiction with prior notice) and off public balance sheet crap can only increase fear (volatility) and cause the re-evaluation to overshoot.

Comment

• That's a load of hooey. Why would the possibility of gov't money cause correction to overshoot?
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• ACUS up 28% on the week and 18% since I posted. Though, they may crash on Wednesday.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

• You guys into the biotech startups are very brave or well informed. Much braver and well informed than me. So I'll stay out of these stocks.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I'm very stupid.

I follow biotech and aim for the penny stocks that have either fallen from grace or are emerging with FDA approvals pending and good "rumors" about clinical trial results headed in. All my information comes from yahoo message boards and biospace.com.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

• I just don't understand that business. But I can see where you might, given your background.

Comment

Working...
                                X