X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, luckily I sold
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Looks like GM and Chrysler will be filing for bankruptcy. Hopefully the restructuring calls for axing the unions. I would think Ford would be an attractive buy, 'cept I think they are going to have the same trouble without any debt relief.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

• will be interesting to see how this plays out
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• btw - for ACUS, at paltry 8 cents per share, is there any value in their IP, so that someone might buy them out, or is bankruptcy the only solution?
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Cephalon has an option to buy them, but at a value greater than 7 cents (like 30 cents). Ceph might do this for their pipeline and other patents.

Else it's cashing out to the A shares and earlier funders
            Monkey!!!

Comment

• so there could still be a huge spike from current 6-8 to 30?

The question being whether the patents and the rest is worth 15$mil to Cephalon... but for a 5bn company it is more or less just change...

hmmm... risky but interesting... odds are almost like a horse 4:1 - all or nothing...

Comment

• That's why penny stocks are fun

They're gambling, but a little bit of money...?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• Wells Fargo has mortgage rates for a 30 year fixed loan at 5.125% and dropping. Awful tempting to cash-out refinance and invest in an S&P 500 index fund.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I would say that would take some balls, but that might encourage you.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• That's assuming your house will appraise for what it did last time you got a loan.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

• Any suggestions on penny stocks, or other reckless investments? I just opened a 100 dollar account with ETrade, and I'd like to speculate on the side.

Right now my 401(k) is down a lot for the year (over 50%), but since I only just started I'm okay with it. I get to start investing in a period of super cheap stocks. I'm dumping money into a broad mix of funds that I picked out based largely on low expense ratios and aggressive growth. Since I'm 25, I think I'll go through another few cycles before retirement.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• It turns out Etrade won't let me buy stocks under $10, or sell short, or any other fun stuff, until after 7 days. So you guys have a week to tell me where to throw my money away.

Comment

• ACUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch
                              It turns out Etrade won't let me buy stocks under $10, or sell short, or any other fun stuff, until after 7 days. So you guys have a week to tell me where to throw my money away.
                              How much are they charging you per trade?
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I think it's $7.95.

Comment

Working...
                                X