Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious
    Elok,

Would swallowing cow mucus be acceptable to you? What exactly makes cow bodily fluids so desirable to you compared to human?
    It doesn't.

The only reason you Mid-East/Euro-spawn can drink milk is because you got a chance mutation that let you digest lactose well into your adult years. (Most Asians and Africans are lactose-intolerant. While we can enjoy dairy products, it's not exactly completely pleasant if we gorge ourselves on it as you people seem to.)

Also, only in that part of the world were you people stupid/desperate enough to see noxious liquid spewing from an animal and immediately decide it would be good eatin'.
    B♭3

Comment

Can someone please explain to me why it's so compelling to assume that they are proposing putting women in cages and sucking milk from them?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
        Women have the only natural resource that's always valuable. They don't need a way to make money.
        I'm not sure of what you're referring to. This, perhaps?
        B♭3

Comment

Can someone please explain to me why it's so compelling to assume that they are proposing putting women in cages and sucking milk from them?
          Wait, are we assuming that?
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles

Wait, are we assuming that?
            Comrade McSnuggles used the word cattle and you used the word chattel.

Comment

I don't think PETA is suggesting that, but I'm not sure they've really fully considered the ramifications of switching our milk supply from cow to human.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                I don't think PETA is suggesting that, but I'm not sure they've really fully considered the ramifications of switching our milk supply from cow to human.
                Ramifications? Like beter use of farm land, more income for poor women, healthier food, and less inhuman treatment of animals?

Comment

I agree with this idea. In fact, consuming anything that didn't originate from a human being should be outlawed. Only human milk and meat products should be legal.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Ramifications? Like beter use of farm land, more income for poor women, healthier food, and less inhuman treatment of animals?
                    You're taking naive to a whole new level if you think this wouldn't lead to criminal abuse of people at least to some degree. After all, humans in third-world countries, and often in America too, regularly contribute their labor, sex and organs with absolutely NO danger to their well-being or happiness, right? Especially when that service is being produced on a very large scale and there's a lot of money and big contracts on the line. You're a communist, you should be able to rattle this off better than I can. I'm going to have to bust out the for that, though I'm hesitant after all the overwork Mobius put that poor smiley through.

As for cow mucus, I'm not aware of any nutritional value in the stuff, but seeing as I already wear their skins on my feet and eat their muscles, I suppose it depends how malodorous and slimy the stuff is in processed-for-consumption form, and what benefits I would reap from consuming it. It's the biological emissions of another human that introduces the real weirdness, not least because I'm far more likely to catch a disease from ingesting them. Diseases cross over from animals to humans with some frequency, but germs already adapted to a human host don't have to do even that much work.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeah. What he said.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Comrade McSnuggles used the word cattle and you used the word chattel.
                        Well, chattel, so far as I understood it, was a very negative way of referring to living posessions/slaves.

I wasn't really assuming anything with respect to PETA's publicity stunt, but rather their methods. For as many women as they have in their ranks, it strikes me that their tactics are, in many cases, oversexualized and/or antifeminist.

Of course, if you'd rather think that I was compelled to imagine women in dairy farms, why not go the whole hog and imagine that I'm a member of the Bene Tleilax and support the creation of axlotl tanks, too?
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

You're taking naive to a whole new level if you think this wouldn't lead to criminal abuse of people at least to some degree.
                          I couldn't possibly be as naive as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
                            I wasn't really assuming anything with respect to PETA's publicity stunt, but rather their methods. For as many women as they have in their ranks, it strikes me that their tactics are, in many cases, oversexualized and/or antifeminist.
                            That's extremely ridiculous. Besides your assumption that they are proposing enslaving women to get their milk what reason do you have for thinking they are antifeminist. I'm pretty sure most of them are feminist as well.

Comment

I'm not assuming that they're enslaving women. That was the whole ****ing point of the Dune reference there.

You're the one who thinks I am. You're the one who's extrapolating from my lack of interest in human milk and its containers, and my distinct disdain for what I view as ridiculous stumping from PETA and their tendency towards over-sexualized (not in this case, but the 'go vegan' ads with nearly naked women), over-statement (not in this case, but the 'chicken holocaust' ads), amateur-hour adbusting (not in this case, but the women as packaged meat ads), and irresponsible ('got beer' ads) stunts.

I've never assumed that PETA wants to enslave women. I used the term "chattel", however, because to me, that's precisely how PETA treats its female members--as no better than animals, as commodities to be spent and used without a care. Which is why they parade them around in situations where they barely have a modicum of decency; why they often seem to run ads that use them only for their sexuality and physical attributes, not their other merits. In a way, it makes sense for them to do that, because they are arguing for 'complete animal liberation' or some such, and equating animal rights to human rights.

But I don't view that as necessarily 'feminist', no more than I view the current crop of vapid 'girl power' 'role models' like the Pussycat Dolls as being 'feminist'.

Don't get me wrong, there's space for sex and sexiness in feminism, but when your ad campaigns and your behavior reduce women to nothing more than pin-up images in the vain hopes that it'll somehow change other people's behavior, I can't say I really think you're advancing equal rights.
                              B♭3

Comment

As far as being a feminist in an non- or even anti-feminist movment.

It's like being ****ing Log Cabin Republican.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X