Sarah Palin's Pastor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enrollment close to 1800.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
      You aren't doing a very good job of showing how smart you are Asher.
      I'm not here to show how smart I am, I'm here to encourage Ben to embrace the idea of having a clue before posting.

I understand this concept is foreign to you as well, so why am I not surprised that it's soared over your head?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• By "close to 1800" you mean "1284", and that encompasses nearly twice the grades as the school I went to, which had twice the population...

It's interesting that you called it "close to 1800" when the link you linked it to was 1284...and you just said this:
        No wonder the Dems always lose elections when they can't even count.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Thanks Asher for proving I was wrong.

My school only had 1200 students.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            Thanks Asher for proving I was wrong.

My school only had 1200 students.

Again, you demonstrated an awesome ability to not comprehend or even look up THE MOST BASIC FACTS, even when you link to them and they're about the school YOU WENT TO FOR YEARS.

Wow.

Comment

• For the record, I wasn't the one who started this topic.

I'm quite enjoying myself while you tell me all about my life.

Comment

So you wouldn't consider 500 grand a year "far more" then 200 grand a year?
                You talk about your honours, but post ****ing retarded questions.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• You talk about your honours, but post ****ing retarded questions.
                  Would you prefer percentiles? 5 is a sea change from 2.

Comment

• Would you two chill... take it up somewhere else, but not at apolyton.

Get back on topic...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If I'm going to chill in a thread Ben posts in, it's going to take a lot of cooperation from his end.

Comment

• Hang in there, Ben, Asher is here to test you

Comment

It's a yes or no answer Asher. Was Obama qualified to be a full professor at the University of Chicago? No, he was not. That is why he was a lecturer and not a full professor. He does not have his PhD. I take offense at someone claiming professional qualifications they do not possess.
                          Excuse me, but what gives you this impression.

Obama at the time was ILLINOIS STATE SENATOR. Maybe you haven't figured it out, but that is a job in at of itself.

Since you are completely clueless, the title of senior lecturer is in fact one of honor. Richard Posner and Frank Easterbrook, two 7th Circuit Court Judges, were also senior lecturers, and both of them had previously been tenured professors at the UofC, but of course when you are a Federal Judge you can't be a tenured professor at the same time.

Oh, and:
                          What Barack Obama’s teaching methods tell us about the kind of president he might make.

It wasn’t that he didn’t think highly of Obama. Baird had recruited him from Harvard Law School, where Obama was the first African-American president of the law review. Baird arranged for the promising graduating student to become a law and government fellow at Chicago, providing Obama with a stipend and office so he could complete his first book, “Dreams From My Father.” In 1996, after winning election to the state senate, Obama decided he needed to supplement the salary he would draw as a legislator. And so over dinner at the Park Avenue Café in Chicago one evening, he and Baird hammered out an agreement whereby Obama would become a senior lecturer and teach three classes a year.

The dean reiterated a long-standing offer for Obama to take a tenure-track position, mentioning that it would require him to publish legal scholarship. “Douglas,” he replied, according to Baird, “that’s just not me.” Baird points out that Obama could have fudged the issue; it wasn’t as if they were inking a publication schedule. In any event, Baird pushed hard to get Obama the senior lecturer position. The newly minted state senator would have added diversity to the law school: at the time, there was only one person of color on the full-time Chicago academic teaching staff. And Obama had proved to be a skilled teacher. “You could tell from the course evaluations and enrollments that students had really taken to him,” Baird told me.

The dean of the University of Chicago Law School felt that Obama had the chops to become a tenured professor at the University of Chicago. Obama turned it down.

Will you admit that you are completely wrong about this?
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• At good institutions, 90-95% of faculty are PhDs. The fact that UC had him as faculty, and wanted him as permanent faculty, without a PhD tells you how impressive he is.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Some gems from Sarah Palin:

On Russia:

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.
                              On the bailout:

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? ... Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: Ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions.
                              (reducing taxes has to accompany tax reductions ?)

On McCain's economic experience:

Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

Couric: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.
                              On polls:

Couric: Why do you say that? Why are they waiting for John McCain and not Barack Obama?

Palin: He's got the track record of the leadership qualities and the pragmatism that's needed at a crisis time like this.

Couric: But polls have shown that Sen. Obama has actually gotten a boost as a result of this latest crisis, with more people feeling that he can handle the situation better than John McCain.

Palin: I'm not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who's more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who's actually done it?
                              (Bolded line sounds really familiar, but I can't place it...)
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Palin is going down in history as the dumbest VP nominee ever. Impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X