No announcement yet.

A new direction in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be in the DC area probably first weekend of October, and a coupl eother times, but right now I am focused on work.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

When I made 40k/yr I paid $1200/month rent. Plus I was paying off college loans. I don't see how hard it is. I mean you'll still be poor, but you can make it.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Just saw this now.

Congrats Mr. Fun!

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Thank you Ben!

Okay guys, I will be making two trips to Washington DC and nearby area. My first trip will be a flight and overnight trip for appointments with several different landlords to look at several apartments in Silver Spring, MD.

My second trip will be my actual moving trip. As of right now, my TENTATIVE schedule will be that I will make my apartment search trip to Silver Spring on Tuesday, Sept. 30 and then come back home on Wednesday, Oct. 1.

My date to move depends on how soon I have decided on the right apartment, at the right price, and at right location.

Also, if someone lives in a studio or one bedroom apartment in one of neighborhoods right outside DC (such as Silver Spring) and would be comfortable doing so, could you send me a private message of a list of all your monthly utility expenses including BASIC cable and Internet? Send it privately if you don't want to post such info here in the forum. Thanks if anyone helps me out this way!
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            Thank you Ben!

Okay guys, I will be making two trips to Washington DC and nearby area. My first trip will be a flight and overnight trip for appointments with several different landlords to look at several apartments in Silver Spring, MD.

My second trip will be my actual moving trip. As of right now, my TENTATIVE schedule will be that I will make my apartment search trip to Silver Spring on Tuesday, Sept. 30 and then come back home on Wednesday, Oct. 1.

My date to move depends on how soon I have decided on the right apartment, at the right price, and at right location.

Also, if someone lives in a studio or one bedroom apartment in one of neighborhoods right outside DC (such as Silver Spring) and would be comfortable doing so, could you send me a private message of a list of all your monthly utility expenses including BASIC cable and Internet? Send it privately if you don't want to post such info here in the forum. Thanks if anyone helps me out this way!
            Not sure on my utilities because they're included, but a good rule of thumb is that they'll be at least $125-$200/month. The cable choices kind of suck around here; Comcast is kind of the way to go for cable in DC, so check there. RCN and Verizon also provide some of those services depending on your location. Assume that a standard cable modem/DSL will run between $18 to $25/month.
            If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Thanks Timex.

Also, I'm trying to decide the best way to set up a flight and appointments with apartment landlords. Do I have to set up appointments with landlords a couple weeks in advance without knowing what they will have by then so I can get a flight ticket at a reasonable price? It's generally not a good idea to book a flight just a couple days, or day before you want to leave.

Comment

Some places like it if you can ask for a move in date a couple of months ahead of time. Just talk to them first.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

LOL

I am looking to move into an apartment by early October as my employer wants us settled out there by October 14.

Comment

Well... I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for and I don't know at all whether this would be a good idea, but I live in a group house in Rockville. Four bedrooms in a single family home out here in the 'burbs.

We currently have a room open and are looking for someone. Rent is $500 a month plus around $80 a month in utilities.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Thanks for the offer Ozzy but I'm really looking for a studio or a lower priced one bedroom apartment.

Comment

• Alright. And don't let people scare you off of Rockville, it is a pretty nice place. I work downtown and the commute is only like 45 minutes or so. Free parking right in front of my house, much less hassle imho than living downtown. My girlfriend lives downtown and Rockville is MUCH quieter.

City people just don't know what they are missing out here in the 'burbs.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                        X