I Signed Up To Ride A Bull Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Signed Up To Ride A Bull Today

Outside Winnsboro, Texas in 2 weeks. A brindle bull named Cruz, is who I drew, after lengthy discussions.
    The organizers aren't real big on it, but after studying over the papers, nothing is said about age, and no resume required. They didn't have a lot of supporting facts for their position. I had to sign a waiver, like everyone else. That's mostly what the papers had to say. "Don't blame us."

This is something I've thought about off and on over the years. When I was in the circus, there was a rodeo outside Travis AFB in California, and everyone was bugging me, "Aren't you going to enter?"
    "Well hell, no", I told them.

I think bull riders are insane, those that do it for a living.
    They're short, too, overall. I'd say about 5'6" or so on average, from looking around. I'm 5'10". Mid to late 20's, is my guess.
    A young, short person. How much brains could they have?

I called Summer, my daughter, earlier. I don't think "thrilled" would be the ideal fit for her reaction. She said she's going, though. We'll probably drive there the Friday night before. It's only about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. It's outside Winnsboro to the east a little.

I can drop out, but my entry fee would be forfeited. Not that I want to; I'm just saying.
    They tell me all I have to do now is just be there. I imagine I can handle just being somewhere.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Buy me my boots before you die, please.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

As a matter of fact, I've been restudying your boots. After all this time, I'm ready to get down to it. I'm thinking Tony Lamas. It's that the brand that I like. Bullhide. Appropriate, huh?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Remember, I'm a ten and a half wide.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Are you nuts Sloww?

I'm 50 years old myself. When I was young if someone had said, "Hey look, there's a bull, why don't you go ride it", well I would have, no buts. Now however, my bones are not so young and flexible, and I've got alot more sense. Sloww, rethink this for me.

If you don't, may God bless your ride.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Oh, and good luck with the bull.

Remember, if you try to milk a bull, you'll have a friend for life.

Comment

The age bit was their main argument, which only irritated me. Thanks.

I have this in Notes here, Che.

Che. quote:
              Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Size?
              10 1/2 wide

Comment

When I was in the circus,

What?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sloww, nothing wrong with us being 50ish. That said, being 50 makes some things more possible and others less possible. For instance, I just became an AARP member, never could do that before. Thinking about maybe buying a rocking chair for the excitement of the ride. Not thinking of a bull for the exitement of the ride, nope, uhuh. Used to focus on getting laid every waking moment, now I think wouldn't it be nice if I made a bowel movement. No, Sloww, this is taking an unwarrented risk with the life of one of my favorite people. You didn't even ask me first. How could you?

Comment

I'm in AARP.
                    This is a 1 time deal. Not a career change. I can do anything once.

Comment

I don't want you to die, Slowwy.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What is the date of the ride Sloww? Want to put it on the calendar.

Comment

Jeez. Thanks for all the confidence. Damn. I don't expect I'll make 6. It's not PBRA. That's 8. The bull is dehorned. I have that going for me. Come on. These negative waves aren't going to help me.

Two weeks from tonight, September 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            The bull is dehorned.
                            oh
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Hmm, positive, something pos...

They've made immense strides in sports injury repair and cosmetic surgery.

Comment

Working...
                              X