No announcement yet.

Things Adults Can't Hear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you demonise British children? Blame them for Jewish ritual slaughter?
    Bring back corporal punishment, these yobs should know their place.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Russia is sounding more and more like the Arab world with their claims of Jews performing evil secret ceremonies.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ouch. That sample hurt.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I agree. It sucked.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Russia is sounding more and more like the Arab world with their claims of Jews performing evil secret ceremonies.
            No, anti-Semitism was the official policy of Imperial Russia. I was saying that the only way you can demonise British teens is by making some ridiculous claim, as everything else people say about them is already true.
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

A musician without decent hearing is a miserable creature indeed. It's a quality-of-life issue. NIHL (noise-induced hearing loss) is insidious. By the time the damage becomes permanent, it's too late to do anything about it. Both acoustic and electric musicians are at risk.

--If you spend more than 2 hours a day at 85+ dBA, you should make it a point to have your hearing tested annually. (I have mine done at music industry trade shows, where it's sponsored and free.)

--Invest in custom-fit musicians earplugs, which actually reduce levels equally across all frequencies. These cost around $150, but are well worth it. Sensaphonics makes the most comfy ones (soft-gel silicone).

MikeH -- I see you play electric. Do you use floor wedges or in-ear monitors?
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I am playing at a very low level of gigs these days, so floor wedges if they have them, nothing if they don't.

I also play less than 2 hours a week at the moment.

I do have earplugs, but I didn't when I was young 'cause you feel indestructible when young.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I have the hearing of a 50 y.o.

Damn Navy.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

isn't this like the BILLIONTH time a thread like this has been posted!??!?!? GAHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

Yeah, can't hear it anymore
                      Blah

Comment

Whats with the Christmas hats on your avatars guys? Its fracking June! Find an evil hello kitty and kewt robot without them.
                        Last edited by Heraclitus; June 12, 2008, 03:02.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                          isn't this like the BILLIONTH time a thread like this has been posted!??!?!? GAHHHHHHHHHH
                          QFT
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                            Whats with the Christmas hats on your avatars guys? Its fracking July! Find an evil hello kitty and kewt robot without them.
                            For us it's always x-mas

Nah
                            Blah

Comment

I must have a keen sense of hearing. I'm 23 and I can hear all of them, even the samples that are supposed to be heard by only under 20 people. It probably has to do with avoiding loud audio and sound. I really don't like it when music, movies, etc. are loud and when I invite people to my place, they're always surprised I keep the TV volume so low (seems fine to me).

When I was student-teaching, I had a student try using 21 or 22 kHz ring tone on his cell phone. When it went off, he asked to go to the bathroom, presumably to answer the phone. I told him he could go if he left his cell phone behind and added, "I'm not deaf yet."
                              Last edited by Riesstiu IV; June 10, 2008, 11:44.

Comment

Are you sure your clip is working?

I couldn't hear anything.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X