Funny right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious
    Is that why so many women are victims of violence? They don't go around saying they are for violence towards women. That's what you need to understand.
    And how many posters have beat their wives? You seem to like to jump from Poly to the entire society back and forth when you feel it can make your point better.

How many Poly posters have victimized women with violence? Go ahead, count 'em up.

As I already said, it's not wrong to talk about violence towards men, and no one disagrees that violence against men is wrong. Now that I can assure you. What's wrong is not speaking out against violence towards women, or down playing it.
    Yes you ARE implicitly saying it is wrong to talk about violence towards men. Poly posters, because they don't constantly jump on the battlements for violence against women (because who here disagrees with that sentiment) should be talking about violence to men. That's your entire argument.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• [q=Arrian]What I cannot understand is your utter refusal to simply agree that in the rare case of the abuse of an innocent male by his female spouse/whatever, it's also wrong. It's so freaking simple and obvious. Of course it's wrong, and it shouldn't be ignored. [/q]

Not only that but men ARE MOCKED for getting beat up by their wives. Remember when Tawny Kittain (sp?) beat up Chuck Finley, the baseball player? People were making fun of him left and right instead of realizing this is something that should be condemned.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• No, I don't remember that. But I can imagine. A professional athelete being beaten up by his wife. Oof. Of course, baseball players can't fight for ****, with rare exceptions.

I recall what-his-face... Myers beating his wife in public up in Boston. One non-apology apology and a few weeks off later, he goes right back to his life as a millionare baseball player. That episode made me a tad ill. If the eye-witness account is to be believed, the bastard should have received some real punishment.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus
          You don't really understand what you are saying. If you define violence so widly then everyone has been exposed to violence from the group they abuse.
          What are you talking about? I'm just stating facts. Facts that you seem to find inconvenient.

The patriarchal system is the problem, I'm just saying the transition to true eqality must be based on principle otherwise we hate the possibility of overshooting and landing in a matriachy (before you dissmis this, consider how the advance of technology will make males obsolete, from a reproductive standpoint in the following decades).
          You remind me of Ronald Reagan.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Ming mode: Cut the personal crap!

Me mode: You paint the picture as if the only way to talk about the problem of the abuse of women is to be silent about the abuse of men.
            I'm just questioning why you are so upset about women on men violence 1) it's rare and 2) it's caused by men on women violence. Violence is a male thing. Sure there are violent women, but they are just acting like the men you have told them that they aren't worth **** unless they act like men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Yes you ARE implicitly saying it is wrong to talk about violence towards men. Poly posters, because they don't constantly jump on the battlements for violence against women (because who here disagrees with that sentiment) should be talking about violence to men. That's your entire argument.
              That's not my argument.

Comment

That's not my argument.
                That is what it ends up sounding like. Maybe I should take a page from your own book and say you aren't willing to say that's your argument .

Comment

You remind me of Ronald Reagan.
                  New sig time.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• [q=Kidicious]Violence is a male thing. [/q]

Uh....

Comment

Violence is a male thing.

Yes Kid and greed is a Jewish thing, and sports a Negro thing.
                      Last edited by Heraclitus; May 29, 2008, 19:04.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

That is what it ends up sounding like. Maybe I should take a page from your own book and say you aren't willing to say that's your argument .
                        It should be clear. I'm questioning why the time is spent opposing women on men violence instead of men on women violence. You say it's because everyone is against men on women violence, but I don't buy it.

Things happen for a reason. Judge people by their actions, not just their words.

Comment

• I don't buy it.

You don't have to, but you haven't shown why its false.

Comment

I don't buy it.

You don't have to, but you haven't shown why its false.
                            You haven't shown why Poly is any different from the population as a whole.

Comment

You haven't shown why Poly is any different from the population as a whole.
                              I think it is well known that people who are online tend to be far more liberal than the population at large.

And besides, the people on this site are a pretty liberal bunch. Hell, I was the face of conservatism here for a while, and I was almost kicked out of the Rutgers College Republicans (a NORTHEAST college) for being too liberal.

Comment

Yes Kid and greed is a Jewish thing, and sports a Negro thing.
                                Perhaps it's easier for you to swallow if I say that it's a masculine thing, not a man thing. Still, it's the men who cause it. If men weren't so macho we can't be sure that violence would exist at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X