Funny right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heraclitus
    Getting back on topic. Yes reverse sexism is still sexism, to claim otherwise is doublethink.
    Yes, but it's not oppression. Men are not oppressed by women. Whites are not oppressed by Blacks. When the oppressed discriminate against their oppressors, it's not wrong.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      So since it happens rarely, it should just be ignored? Don't you think that it is wrong for it be considered amusing or ok in the society for women to use violence against men if they... in this instance, get them a horrible Christmas present?

In a society free from oppression, jokes about violence against women wouldn't be bad, because they would not be enforcing women's oppression.

And if you don't think that people complain about violence against women, then you are being purposefully deaf.

O RLY?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Defend this stupid comment or retract it, Kiddy.
        It was a rhetorical question. It doesn't need defending or retracting.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Yes, but it's not oppression. Men are not oppressed by women.
          Haven't you ever been married?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Funny right?

He put up a link, what else can he do?

Putting up a link is a non-argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Haven't you ever been married?

Comment

Yes, because anti male and anti white feelings are the biggest problems facing us today!
                No, they aren't, but there are many problems facing us today and many are smaller than this one and many are bigger. And there are many problems that have disproportionate coverage in the media that are less important.

And I calim racism and sexism are among the bigger problems! You just don't get it dude, sexism is not divided into two branches. I caim that embracing a anit-male stance hurts the feminist cause of equality. I challenge you to deny that tendencies towards misandry have not hurt and indeed weakened the feministe cause instead of empowering it. And if you don't deny this then you can't deny that removing hatered towards men is very hard to do unless you remove hatered towards women, and that for a fair and just society such hatered an bias are unacceptable. I claim that fighting mysandri with calls for equality IS fighting mysogny!
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

So since it happens rarely, it should just be ignored? Don't you think that it is wrong for it be considered amusing or ok in the society for women to use violence against men if they... in this instance, get them a horrible Christmas present?

In a society free from oppression, jokes about violence against women wouldn't be bad, because they would not be enforcing women's oppression.
                  So if things were equal, it'd be considered ok to joke about violence towards women? Have you lost your mind?

And if you don't think that people complain about violence against women, then you are being purposefully deaf.

O RLY?
                  Yes RLY.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

It was a rhetorical question. It doesn't need defending or retracting.
                    You lose, kid. It was a stupid comment that didn't make sense, rhetorical question or not. It was a thinly-veiled "I know you are but what am I". If you were a woman, I'd order you back in the kitchen to fix me some apple pie.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

So if things were equal, it'd be considered ok to joke about violence towards women?

I didn't say equal. I said free from oppression. There's a difference. If we were both oppressed equally, it wouldn't be funny.

Yes RLY.

Prove it.

Comment

People HERE do not complain about violence against women, except for the usual few. Violence against men doesn't need to be ignored, but why is it that so many people on this website continually complain about oppression of white males?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Funny right?

Originally posted by Kidicious

Putting up a link is a non-argument.
                          You fool, the article he linked explains all about the Yacub theology and its short as well. He wasn't arguing he was offering you information.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Don't you roll your eyes at me. I've single handedly seen so many pussywhipped men that I dispell the notion that women are persecuted.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Funny right?

You fool, the article he linked explains all about the Yacub theology and its short as well. He wasn't arguing he was offering you information.
                              You are speaking for him. People do that all the time.

Comment

So if things were equal, it'd be considered ok to joke about violence towards women?

I didn't say equal. I said free from oppression. There's a difference. If we were both oppressed equally, it wouldn't be funny.
                                So if both genders were oppressed equally then jokes about violence against men wouldn't be funny? Why do people sometimes laugh about jokes regarding violence against women?

Yes RLY.

Prove it.
                                Ok, count how many groups are dedicated to combating violence against women.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X