• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369
    Braille wouldn't work.

They're actually pretty noticeable too.

Comment

Out of curiosity, how does a blind person know how much to pay in the first place? Don't they have to rely on a cashier or some such to tell them?
      One of my good friends is legally blind. He can actually do computer work but he has to stick his nose up to the screen before he can see anything. Uses a big magnifying glass to read too.

As for this question, the legally blind person would have to have someone with him. He couldn't drive to the store on his own in the first place.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        As for this question, the legally blind person would have to have someone with him. He couldn't drive to the store on his own in the first place.
        Is it the law that you must drive everywhere in the USA?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

why would you assume that it isn't?

Comment

Buses are a rarity in rural Canada.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

So what about cityrail or subway?
              Blah

Comment

...and it's surprising how much sighted customers look out after blind people.

Comment

So what about cityrail or subway?
                  In a city of 70k?

Think of Köslin, it would be the closest analogue.
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 20, 2008, 16:35.

Comment

Interesting. And it doesn't wear out from use?
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I confess I hadn't even noticed them until I read the wiki link.

Now that I look at them in RL i have to say

I don't think they would wear out before the bill does and needs replacing anyway.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Think of it like grooves on the record player. It won't wear out before the paper does.

Comment

So I guess the question is - Why does the US hate blind people?
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yea, there is no reason not to do what Canada does. We should use the same system too. It'd facilitate cross border commerce.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It seems much more sensible than different sized bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                                I confess I hadn't even noticed them until I read the wiki link.

Now that I look at them in RL i have to say

I don't think they would wear out before the bill does and needs replacing anyway.
                                Really? I had noticed them very early.

I heard some people claim that they do wear a bit under "heavy use" but I can't say I've noticed.

Bills don't really have a high life expectancy anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X