This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetNet

Thats lighter blue out in the water sandbar.
    I was hoping it was a great white whale.

Comment

I'm just excited she's doing so well! Not to long ago NetNet was struggleing to get the mouse to move the pointer where she wanted it to go. She only gets one day a week usually to practice and she's already really got the knack, having replied to JM and now Aeson.

Net is one of the top students too.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

The pictures are coming out well too.

Have you thought about building a dock out over the water? Since it's shallow out so far, could work well. give you some extra sq/ft to move around on, and maybe a place to moor the boat you were thinking about building.

Something like this, though probably not out into the water as far:

The roof could be removable/collapsable and lightweight, so you can take it down in heavy weather or when out of the country so it doesn't get blown away. Be a nice place to just relax out over the water.

Comment

I think the heavy waves this time of year in Garcia would destroy that. I was thinking of doing something they call 'land reclamation'. You used to be able to reclaim land from the ocean by dumping rocks and expanding out past your lot line which would be included in your living area. My plan was to reclaim in the shape of a pier. But! That recently got the ax from environmentalists at least for the moment. Something like that construction could be built at our property in Dimiao because I think it's more enclosed and has a mangrove area nearby. For Garcia I was thinking of getting some drums and making a raft the kids could swim out to and could be brought in before storms.

Comment

Aeson, Dolores is asking me where that is...Bahamas?

Comment

It was a pic from google search, off of a Belize travel site.

Comment

As for the dock surviving, that would depend on how sturdy it's constructed I guess.

Comment

Very true! You can give it a go on your hammock property and if it survives I'll build one.

Comment

Sounds good

Even if it gets destroyed... that would give me something to do from time to time... rebuild the dock... keep me from getting too lazy.

Comment

...and watching you work will keep me from getting bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        .. Something like that construction could be built at our property in Dimiao because I think it's more enclosed and has a mangrove area nearby.
                        I hear ya.

I was talking to my chiropracter about the Phils, and he suggests commuting around the island by boat. A pier would help if a person had a boat. But I notice the locals just pull their boats up onto the beach.

Comment

True, but that's a trick in Garcia, I've thought about it. In Dimiao it might be good to do both. Have a dock and then pull the boat up on the beach before storms. There's plenty of fishermen around to help with that task.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I was hoping it was a great white whale.
                            Don't you see that often enough in your bathroom mirror?
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Great Ooglie Mooglie! I've just been insulted.

Comment

Send him pics from your beachfront paradise, works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                                X