No announcement yet.

CA Overturns Gay Marriage Ban!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firstly, that uncontrolled population growth is an unqualified good thing. The earth's resources are not infinite.
    Why are we limited to the Earth?

It's absurd to suggest that having more people is an unqualified good, considering the war, hunger, and disease that can be directly traced to overpopulation. It's immoral to be pro-uncontrolled growth.
    Which is why hunger and nutrition have increased dramatically with higher populations on the planet?

Secondly, that the anti-growth movement wants to "get rid" of people, as if we're going to just murder people to get things down to size. I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but the inference is there.
    No, you'd prefer to sterilize brown people so they don't have too many kids.

Thirdly, that gay marriage has anything to do with NPG or any other anti-growth movement. There is no vast left-wing conspiracy to decrease population growth by letting gay people marry each other; there is no demonstrated connection between those things anyway.
    Many of the same people approve of the same things. If you can draw an inference that because many Christians oppose gay marriage, that their Christianity impacts their beliefs, then I can return the favour. For sure.

It's not about me, Ben. People who think other people should be denied basic rights are bigots.
    Fine. I don't see marriage as an individual human right. Does that make me a bigot?

You need to recognise that the argument is that marriage does not fit into the 'human rights' argument, because there are significant differences. It's not an individual right. Your life is not impaired in any way if you choose not to get married. You require consent from another person in order to get married.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      It's not going to increase reproduction. It will depress the marriage rates, and fewer people are going to get married.
      Utterly ridiculous and Fez-like BAM. There is no reason that straight people will stop getting married because gay people now can.

[q=Zkribbler]...but for the express purpose of protecting life, liberty and property.[/q]

Which says, you just need to have a hearing before depriving them, if you go by the text itself. Not necessarily seeing the 'right' here .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Why is anyone even bothering at this point?

Ben's posts serve as nothing more than ammunition for the argument about everything that is utterly wrong with religion. I don't see how you can read his posts and deny that religions are cults. They take absurd beliefs and make the followers think they are sane. They're so deluded they'll spew the crap infront of rational people and then pretend like it makes sense...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I think fewer people are choosing marriage in general (gay or straight).
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Utterly ridiculous and Fez-like BAM. There is no reason that straight people will stop getting married because gay people now can.
            Why not? You have yet to put out an argument against it. All you have said that's stupid.

You have an argument why gay marriage would increase reproduction?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Why not? You have yet to put out an argument against it. All you have said that's stupid.

I love how gay marriage will increase or decrease the world's population. It is utterly inconceivable to you that straight people's reproductive practices will be unphased by their gay friends getting married and living happy lives.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• So you don't believe in Kinsey Asher?

Comment

Wow... now we've gone into "Prove the negative!". You have yet to put out a logical argument for your position.

Saying more options means less people choose marriage is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Because it isn't more options for straight people, now is it?

Someone made this point, or are we strawmaning again?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

So you don't believe in Kinsey Asher?
                    Just because you would flip to the "gay lifestyle" and stop having kids as soon as the government says you can marry a dude, doesn't mean everyone else will...

FWIW, gay marriage doesn't preclude having kids or raising kids.

It seems to me your biggest fear is having the option available to you to legally marry your high school crush from the football team.

Comment

• Saying more options means less people choose marriage is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Because it isn't more options for straight people, now is it?
                      Why is the argument stupid Imran. Come on here. I already gave a logical explanation.

You can do better then that. I said more options mean less people will choose to get married.

What am I assuming. Surely, you as a lawyer wouldn't go up in court and say "that's bull****" and have that stick as a proper argument.

Comment

• It does make you wonder about latent homosexuality.

Comment

Why is the argument stupid Imran. Come on here. I already gave a logical explanation.

You can do better then that. I said more options mean less people will choose to get married.

What am I assuming. Surely, you as a lawyer wouldn't go up in court and say "that's bull****" and have that stick as a proper argument.
                          Ben, you're the one making the absurd claim that allowing gay people to marry will cause straight people to have less kids.

The onus is on you to support your argument, which you haven't even come CLOSE to. You haven't even come close to making this logically make sense, let alone supported it with evidence.

Prove your point before you ask someone to prove what is absolutely, stunningly obvious to anyone with an IQ above 10.

Comment

• Just because you would flip to the "gay lifestyle" and stop having kids as soon as the government says you can marry a dude, doesn't mean everyone else will...

FWIW, gay marriage doesn't preclude having kids or raising kids.

It seems to me your biggest fear is having the option available to you to legally marry your high school crush from the football team.
                            Thank you I was waiting for the latent homosexual argument.

Kinsey says that sexuality is both fluid and on a continuum, rather then this unipolar world. If this is true, then yes, people in the middle would be less likely to get married.

Thank you so much Asher. It's a brilliant conclusion I tell you. My goodness, absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, it's all bunk if people are only always gay or always straight, but we know that's not true.

Comment

No you didn't. It was quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard on Apolyton. We are all dumber for having read your argument on this issue.

So, since NOW, straight people can marry people of the same sex, they'll be less likely to get married because there are "more options".

How does that even make the slightest bit of sense?

Actually when the plaintiff fails to make their case to even go to trial, the defense can stand up and say "Motion to Dismiss", which basically means the same thing as "that's bull****" and asks to judge to get rid of it because they didn't even make a good enough argument to get past the first hurdler.

Comment

• Ben: On Kinsey's scale, where would you indicate you are on it?

Clearly you are not completely straight, you seem to think the option to marry men is a big threat to you.

Do I turn you on? Do you like my pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X