• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"the Duke rape case and Jena . And all turned out to be hoaxes."
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

And I'd agree that when it comes to a lot of issues facing the black community, responsibility for the continued exacerbation of those problems lies within the community. I agree with a lot of what Bill Cosby has to say, for instance, although a lot of people disagree with him and call him a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        I see. I know what you mean. Like affirmative action, and other things, that the time has come and passed?
        Affirmative action is racism, yes.

Comment

What is the meaning of "Section 8 housing" ?

I agree that black americans victimize themselves too much. Latin American blacks like from Cuba or Puerto Rico, or blacks from ex british colonies like Jamaica, Barbados etc have a very different attitude.
          I need a foot massage

Comment

Mexico has their own problems. South Americans going through Central America to Mexico, which is evidently an improvement, which is a sad statement.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yes, I know that.
              Altough most of those who go to Mexico, go there because it is the bridge for entering the USA.

Actually, what black american´s say aint that different from what indigenist´s say in Latin America, "the spanish took our gold and made us work for them etc"
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

How so?

The part that is particularly racist, is Buchanan's "positive" slant on slavery, and how he insinuated that slavery was a good thing in that it brought Africans to America.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Both sides of this ongoing debate have valid points. On one hand, unimaginable atrocities were committed by the British/US government against Africans (and other groups, of course) with the slave trade/slavery, racist state governments, Jim Crow, segregation, etc.
                  True, but Buchanan has a point here. Black Canadians earn less per capita then Black Americans. Why is this? We've never had slavery, and yet the Americans overall are more prosperous?

Secondly, it was the British who were the first to ban the slave trade in the first place. While it is true that they engaged in the slave trade, so did every other European nation. They were the first ones to say stop.

Yes, the crime statistics are massively out of context.

Assuming that Whites were equally likely to target blacks as everyone else, we would expect to see around 13 percent of the total crimes done to be against Black people.

Assuming black people were just as likely to target white people as they were to target anyone else, 66 percent of their total crimes would target white people. So the facts are that white people are targetting white people more often then any other group, and that black people are more likely to target black people then any other group. Buchanan should mention this somewhere. All the other crimes are disproportionate. We should expect to see black on white rape etc to happen about 6x as likely as the reverse, just because there are more white people. Of course Buchanan doesn't mention this anywhere.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                    My opinion: it's racist bull****, with statistics used to promote racial divide
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

Any time you need to divvy people up into classes based on the color of their skin... and attribute stuff to people based on those delineations... it's racist.

I suppose doctors are racist by that definition....
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                        What is the meaning of "Section 8 housing" ?

I agree that black americans victimize themselves too much. Latin American blacks like from Cuba or Puerto Rico, or blacks from ex british colonies like Jamaica, Barbados etc have a very different attitude.

Really? Look to Toronto to see how this theory fails.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                          Actually, what black american´s say aint that different from what indigenist´s say in Latin America, "the spanish took our gold and made us work for them etc"
                          The same is also often said in Africa about the colonist. I've heard this argument several times, in order to explain why the colonists had a moral obligation to accept African immigration today*

*Don't get me wrong: I think the argument is perfectly true: in Africa, the colinist has wrought extreme damage to the continent, and in South America, the Spanish have created a dominant class over the natives that continues to this day in many countries.

The more interesting question is not whether the whites have done evil in the past, but rather: 1. whether those offenses continue to this day, and 2. whether they are relevant to revendications.

Occasionally, "victim" groups try to use victimization in order to get advantages that are irrelevant to the offenses they were/are victims of. As a result, many people among the "guilty" group resent that use of victimization, and tend to refuse other more justified demands.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

As to the OP: a tripe that wasted my bandwidth.

The OP is choke-full of rhetorics. It focuses on very narrow facts, and calls to the imagination of the reader, so that its barely veiled racist agenda gets to look like common sense :vomit:
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I have no opinion on this .

Though I wonder... about black crime statistics (ie, how many more times they are likely to commit a crime, etc). What are the stats for poor whites in the city? I'd imagine they'd be the same. I don't think its a race thing, but a socio-economic thing. Just that there far more blacks (as a percentage) who are poor and living in cities.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran speaks true !

Idiot Buchanan
                                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X