Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You definitely have to have an opinion about this

A forwarded email What do you think?
    I didn't bother snoping it, because it doesn't really matter who says it. If someone wants to look up the stats, feel free. It's not the deadly accurate numbers of which I'm speaking.
    Will full recognition that I'm going to get called a bigot at some point, on this subject, I agree with the point stated.
    While I certainly choose Obama over Clinton, there are certain things he needs to acknowledge. This generation is not the one given 40 acres and a mule, which was a pretty damned good deal.

Pat Buchanan's message to Barack

Pat Buchanan is one of the few in the media who has the guts to tell it like it is, i.e., no political correctness here. My hope is that you are not offended.

A Brief for Whitey
    by Patrick J. Buchanan

Posted 03/21/2008 ET

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .

Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.

This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants.
    Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?

Barack talks about new "ladders of opportunity" for blacks.

Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown , and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for "deserving" white kids.

Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America ? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent ?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena . And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Jena was a hoax?
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
        Jena was a hoax?
        Good question.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

QFT. Native Americans likewise should be eternally thankful for being saved from their heathen ways. Unfortunately, because of their natural inferiority to the white man, they were unable to take advantage of our generosity and have drunk themselves into oblivion.

Comment

My opinion: it's racist bull****, with statistics used to promote racial divide

Comment

Damn, Verto. WTG That should take some heat off me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                My opinion: racist bull****
                How so?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

How so?
                  Any time you need to divvy people up into classes based on the color of their skin... and attribute stuff to people based on those delineations... it's racist.

Comment

I guess my opinion is:

1. It clearly is, at least somewhat, racist in its basis; particularly the crime statistics (carefully chosen) emphasize this.

2. It is racism encased in a less racist tone, trying to appeal to those who are racist, sort of, but don't want to be or think they're not. There are a LOT of people, like my dad, who fit in this category.

3. It will appeal to a LOT of people, because not only are there a lot of people in this category, but it fits the tone of what they are wanting to hear - especially with the current recession/sort of/whatever.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

Any time you need to divvy people up into classes based on the color of their skin... and attribute stuff to people based on those delineations... it's racist.
                      I see. I know what you mean. Like affirmative action, and other things, that the time has come and passed?

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      I guess my opinion is:

1. It clearly is, at least somewhat, racist in its basis; particularly the crime statistics (carefully chosen) emphasize this.

2. It is racism encased in a less racist tone, trying to appeal to those who are racist, sort of, but don't want to be or think they're not. There are a LOT of people, like my dad, who fit in this category.

3. It will appeal to a LOT of people, because not only are there a lot of people in this category, but it fits the tone of what they are wanting to hear - especially with the current recession/sort of/whatever.
                      It's not just black on white. Hell. hispanics and blacks get along less well than whites and either, here.
                      What happens during riots? Where does it happen?
                      Again, without looking at statistics, I'm going to be generous and say 95% of the time it's blacks. They burn threir own neighborhood. How smart is that?
                      Black on black crime is astounding.
                      It's not racist, it's recognizing facts. I say people are people. Judge them and allow them the opportunities as warranted. If that's wrong to someone, tough.
                      Yeah, and I know. This is above and beyond what the OP quote involved.
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; May 14, 2008, 01:07.

Comment

Wait wait wait.....how was Jena a hoax? I definitely remember a bunch of NPR stories about it and it definitely wasn't from that crazy lady with Alzheimer's because she is only on in the mornings (can't stay up as late as 4 pm).
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I don't know wtf you're talking about, Apocalypse. I'm sure others may.

Comment

Both sides of this ongoing debate have valid points. On one hand, unimaginable atrocities were committed by the British/US government against Africans (and other groups, of course) with the slave trade/slavery, racist state governments, Jim Crow, segregation, etc. The promise of forty acres and a mule wasn't fulfilled, the handling of Reconstruction after the Civil War was bungled..the list goes on and on. However, for a lot of (white) people, this is all simply history. A lot of people get angry at the idea of paying reparations or being told they should feel guilty about what whites did fifty, a hundred or two hundred years ago. At the same time, there are a lot of businesses and individuals who owe their current wealth to slavery, so the issue is murky.

Anyway, my point is, letters like the OP whose message is 'Get over it, if it wasn't for whites you'd still be living in an African ****hole, so be happy with what you've got' are cheap, useless, and undeserving of attention.

Apologies in advance for a possibly unclear or sloppy post, it's getting late.

Comment

As for the bull****:

Americans, of many ethnic backgrounds, have all contributed to the "good" done in this nation. It isn't just "white america" paying taxes. What a crock. As is the implication all these social programs are designed for and benefiting "blacks" but not "whites".

The 5% vs 45% statistics are rather misleading. Of course a minority population is less likely to be the target of random crime than a majority population. Pretending that violent crime is solely a "choice" of the attacker against a victim based on their skin color is delusional at best. There's plenty of non-racially motivated crime out there, yet this email tries to imply that there is none.

There are Christian communities and even nations in Africa (and most places in the world for that matter). Only colossal idiots would praise the slave trade as "saving souls".

The implication that there is no gratitude by those who receive help is ****ing retarded. Maybe Buchanan (or whoever wrote the piece) never helped anyone out themselves, because that's about the only ****ing way you could ever do much good for others and not receive any gratitude back. (Not to mention that if you're in it just for the ass-kissing you fail.)

The complete denial of any negative effects of racial discrimination (at least white on black) on communities is asinine.

There's a couple decent points in there, under all that crap. But that doesn't mean it's not loaded with crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X