Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada raises hetero age of consent from 14 to 16, homosexual age of consent still 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada raises hetero age of consent from 14 to 16, homosexual age of consent still 18

First of all, shame on you Ozzy or whatever you say in this thread.

Age of sexual consent climbs to 16

KIMBERLY SHEARON

The Canadian Press

April 30, 2008 at 6:51 PM EDT

OTTAWA — Canada's age of sexual consent will be bumped up two years to 16 beginning Thursday.

The change means adults who have sex with boys or girls aged 14 and 15 years old could face criminal charges.

Canada's age of consent has been 14 since 1892.

The legislation was brought in by the Conservative government in part to deal with older internet predators who troll the web looking for younger victims.

Canada's age of consent will now be in line with other countries, such as Britain and Australia, and most American states.

The intent of the new law is not to criminalize teenage sex, but to crackdown on adults who prey on youth, former justice minister Vic Toews said when the bill making the change was introduced.

The law includes a “close-in-age” provision of five years, which means it would be legal for a 15-year-old to have relations with a 19-year-old provided the relationship is not exploitive and the older party is not in a position of authority or trust.

But while all political parties backed the legislation and law officials welcomed it with open arms, several gay rights groups are not satisfied and have said the law ignores gay men.

It is currently illegal for Canadians under 18 to have anal sex, meaning two gay or bisexual 17-year-olds who engage in the act could end up in jail something the new law does not address.

Other groups, such as Justice for Youth and Children, said the new law, if misunderstood, could end up driving teenage sexual activity underground.

”Because its highly technical and quite complicated I think that we need an awful lot of public education to make sure young people, fearing they are doing something illegal, don't hide and fail to seek the medical help they need and fail to get appropriate treatments and appropriate counselling,” said Martha Mackinnon, the group's executive director.
    The law in general is a Good Thing™. But god damnit, equalize the frickin age of consent regardless of sexuality.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

But then all the evil Gay Men out there will abuse young innocent 17 year old boys
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Face it Asher, that prohibition is the only thing that's keeping Canadians from becoming effeminate losers instead of Manly men suitable to serve in the military.

Comment

Canada permits gays to serve openly. Many do.

Without them, the navy wouldn't exist.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Think about it. At sea for months. Look at TCO.
          Pat iught be ab exception, since absolutes aren't possible.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Face it Asher, that prohibition is the only thing that's keeping Canadians from becoming effeminate losers instead of Manly men suitable to serve in the military.
            I will take this as a sarcastic comment and thus a hostile one, Canada's military is already a bunch of effemeninate losers, do you realize they do not even have movie studios in Canada? Backwardness redefined. Please keep in mind that there has never in history been a military as powerful as the US's. The idea that we are doing something wrong is coming out of left field for me.

OH BUT A BAND OF ANCIENT GREEKS WERE TOTAL FLAMERS. Well let us see how their spears and phalanxes fare against napalm and cluster **** bombs. The reality is that we are the best run and most disciplined. And it is because we are manly.

Comment

This is going to take quite a rebuttal to defeat Wiglaf.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Yes Slowwhand. Gays clearly make militaries stronger. As demonstrated by Great Britain and the hoplites. PLEASE WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR ANYONE EVER. All Britain has done is devolve for the last century, and hoplites are for gay costume parties. This is the unfiltered, raw truth, take or leave it, or hang it like a ******, but there it is.

Comment

What are you jumping on me for? I said good things.

Comment

Wiggy's posts are so sexually arousing.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I know what you mean. I think it moved.

Comment

Wow, Asher supports raising the age to 18?

Whudathunk?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Israel allows gays to serve openly and because of their training and geopolitical situation, Israeli soldiers (gay and straight) are some of the scariest mofos on the planet. They'd f*ck your sh*t up, Wiggly Puff, with a smile on their face and a gay gleam in their eyes.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re OP, maybe it's to limit teen gay pregnancies
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                              Wow, Asher supports raising the age to 18?

Whudathunk?
                              No, 16. I support lowering the homosexual consent age to 16 to make them equal.

Why do you always **** up reading posts?

Comment

Working...
                              X