No announcement yet.

Stabbing for GTA4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that you compare GTAIV with WWE shows you completely lack of understanding on the issue and how out of touch you actually are.

It's like comparing the Beatles to Barney the Dinosaur's songs and considering them equivalent culturally because you don't like the Beatles.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

GTA = Beatles

You are hopelessly lost.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

And we all know what you think about entertainment
        I love entertainment, I just don't think people should take taxpayer money to study it in university.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
          GTA = Beatles

You are hopelessly lost.
          It's not a bad comparison.

Both are cultural phenomenons that, to a large extent, popularized a craft even the face of opposition from the elderly members of society (in this case, you )
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You develop standards as you get older. Some day (if you are lucky) you will understand.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

GTA = Beatles

You are hopelessly lost.
              In their relative spheres the analogy is very apt. Both in terms of popularity and critical accolade.

One thing I can't stand are arrogant *******s who pretend they are superior by disdaining and looking down their noses at anything that popular culture may have embraced, EVEN if it also has achieved great critical acclaim. I didn't think it reached video games (since most arrogant *******s look down on ALL video games are cultural sludge), but as the industry matures and grows, I figured it'd rear its ugly head in here as well.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                One thing I can't stand are arrogant *******s who pretend they are superior by disdaining and looking down their noses at anything that popular culture may have embraced, EVEN if it also has achieved great critical acclaim. I didn't think it reached video games (since most arrogant *******s look down on ALL video games are cultural sludge), but as the industry matures and grows, I figured it'd rear its ugly head in here as well.
                Heaven help you next time you criticize ANYTHING for I will throw this argument back in your face.

I happen to enjoy many aspects of pop culture (including some of the crap parts) but I can be honest enough to admit it is crap.

Comment

I don't see what's so wrong with GTA. It's fun to be the robber instead of the cop for a change. GTA is a satire on modern society and not a bad one in an age in which satire is difficult.

Being a ho stabbin robber lowlife is a welcome relief from being another good ol' clean shaven US special forces trooper defending fascism.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Heaven help you next time you criticize ANYTHING for I will throw this argument back in your face.

I happen to enjoy many aspects of pop culture (including some of the crap parts) but I can be honest enough to admit it is crap.
                    I try to have reasons to look down upon things, and I try not to look down on things that are critically acclaimed, but my personal preference doesn't enjoy it (like the movie "The English Patient", which I find dull, but is very critically acclaimed... it just isn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean its crap).

The problem is that you've taken your own personal viewpoint and decided that's the be all and end all of cultural determination, regardless of the critical acclaim or social importance of the work. That is what makes you an arrogant ******* about this.

Comment

I try to have reasons to look down upon things, and I try not to look down on things that are critically acclaimed, but my personal preference doesn't enjoy it (like the movie "The English Patient", which I find dull, but is very critically acclaimed... it just isn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean its crap).

The problem is that you've taken your own personal viewpoint and decided that's the be all and end all of cultural determination, regardless of the critical acclaim or social importance of the work. That is what makes you an arrogant ******* about this.
                      Harry Potter is a crappy children's book by the way.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

And I have reasons for looking down upon GTA.

It's called an opinion Imran. Poly OT is built on them. As I say, I don't want to see you expressing one in the future b/c you will be subject to the same accusation.

Comment

And I have reasons for looking down upon GTA.
                          Personal subjective reasons are no reason to look down upon something to the point of calling it cultural crap.

It's called an opinion Imran. Poly OT is built on them. As I say, I don't want to see you expressing one in the future b/c you will be subject to the same accusation.
                          Your opinion, stated in as arrogant a manner possible, against all sorts of critical acclaim, seems completely ridiculous. And yes, I do realize that on Poly OT, there are many, many unsubstantiated opinions and we usually just call them BAMs, so perhaps I'll start using that moniker with yours.

Comment

Damn you love those critics.

Comment

What exactly is wrong with expert opinion? It allows for subjective opinion to have some, however slight, objective basis (if you consider a number of critical opinions).

It is, after all, how the cultural value of movies & music is determined (critics of today define the terms for the movie and music historians of tomorrow).

Comment

You should be a "dittohead". Same philosophy.

Please, tell me what to think oh wise critic."

Comment

Working...
                                X