Stabbing for GTA4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil
    You should be a "dittohead". Same philosophy.

Please, tell me what to think oh wise critic."
    So you are the one to decide cultural value for the rest of the world? My, my, will the arrogance never cease?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

cultural value is not "decided" it just is.

critics

GTA

Stabbing int eh queue for GTA = England... we don't have guns so need to use old tech...
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Cultural value is always decided. It just seems like "it just is". Society has to define what 'culture' is and certain people have to be able to uphold those standards.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The local Game Stop (a video game store) near my house got robbed by a 27 year old guy with a can of mace yesterday. Apparently he went in to buy GTA4 but was told all the copies were reserved so he tried to rob the place.

He got caught by the police a few blocks away as he tried to escape.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Can't blame GTA for that one, there's no mace in it.

And what kind of man carries mace?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So to summarize, Wezil has no idea what he's talking about, no idea about the game industry beyond his little niche, yet thinks he is the sole arbiter of which games are "cultural excrement".

And since the original argument was over the validity of waiting in line for a game... that must mean that he thinks every extremely popular game ever made is "cultural excrement", or his argument falls apart.

Right.

^ from someone with no intent to buy or play GTA4.
              Last edited by Kuciwalker; April 30, 2008, 12:14.

Comment

(though on the second part, he may want to weasel out[wezil out?] by saying he wasn't refering to the line waiting except tangentially... he just wanted to dig into GTA)

Comment

Croydon is a ****hole. If this was going to happen anywhere down south then that would be the place (or dartford)
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    I went at 4pm to a downtown Toronto EB and they still had hundreds of copies...
                    For the Xbox.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

For both, though they did have more Xbox 360 copies. But that's because they ordered more 360 copies since there's far more 360 users.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The GTA games are very good games, IMO. Even if you're not into that type of game, you have to admit that they are well designed.

A game can have a crass or lowly subject matter and still be a good game. And a game can have a sublime subject matter and still be a bad game. Like Civ 3 or MOO3, for example.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I never played a GTA game. I wouldn't wait in line for *any* game though. I'd just wait some days and get it without waiting. Or order online.

Waiting in line is something I rather avoid if I can
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

^ from someone with no intent to buy or play GTA4.
                            I am curious why not?

Comment

There are no light sabres in GTA.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X