Stabbing for GTA4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

The Idol phenomena is hailed by music critics? I doubt it.
    I wouldn't know as I don't watch or listen to music critics. The Idol winners are often top of the pop charts however. Popularity doesn't mean good.

GTAIII and beyond is a melding of popularity among the game buying public and massive critical praise. I'm not the only one who considers the GTAIII series to be some of the best games in history, and plenty of those are gaming critics.
    Yes, we spoke about your taste earlier.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
      Popularity doesn't mean good.
      Sometimes you think they both exclude eachother these days. Fortunately not generally.
      Blah

Comment

I wouldn't know as I don't watch or listen to music critics. The Idol winners are often top of the pop charts however. Popularity doesn't mean good.
        No, but critical acclaim usually means 'good'.

Yes, we spoke about your taste earlier.
        Which matches a vast majority of the critics. So it appears that you are the one lacking taste. S'ok, I had a idea that was the case.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Seems to be lots of issues with the games so far, with the game crashing and freezing for a good word.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            Seems to be lots of issues with the games so far, with the game crashing and freezing for a good word.
            Well, if that's not a reason for stabbing the creators
            Blah

Comment

Mostly with the PS3 version, specifically 60GB PS3s.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, but critical acclaim usually means 'good'.
                Why this trust in the critics Imran? If your culture is in the toilet how do you expect those swirling around the rim to give you a true perspective?

Which matches a vast majority of the critics. So it appears that you are the one lacking taste. S'ok, I had a idea that was the case.
                I'm not the one excited about GTA.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Why this trust in the critics Imran? If your culture is in the toilet how do you expect those swirling around the rim to give you a true perspective?
                  Why not trust in critics? How is one to determine taste? Based on subjective snootiness based on absolutely nothing but a false sense of superiority like yourself?

I'm not the one excited about GTA.
                  Being excited about one of the most critical acclaimed games of all time is a bad thing? I wonder what people would have said if they found out you were excited about CivIV?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

Well, if that's not a reason for stabbing the creators
                    Oh, really? Well, it wasn't the creators who got stabbed either, was it?
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Why not trust in critics? How is one to determine taste? Based on subjective snootiness based on absolutely nothing but a false sense of superiority like yourself?
                      And again, you want GTA not me.

Being excited about one of the most critical acclaimed games of all time is a bad thing? I wonder what people would have said if they found out you were excited about CivIV?
                      I can see redeeming features of the Civ series. Not so with GTA.

Comment

It's called entertainment.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

It's called entertainment.
                          And we all know what you think about entertainment
                          Blah

Comment

I thought you had little use for entertainment Asher.

It's actually about the quality/nature of the entertainment. WWE is entertainment as well and is also cultural crap.

Comment

And again, you want GTA not me.
                              Which indicates my good taste and your lack of the same.

I'm sure plenty of folks in the 60s thought the Beatles to be "cultural crap".

Just because you are blind to it doesn't mean everyone is.

I do like CivIV, but I have yet to see a review describe it as an example of video game as an artform as I have seen with a major publication's review of GTAIV.

Comment

Alright Imran. Got put wrastlin on in the background. The two should compliment each other nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X