No announcement yet.

Would you have your finger cut if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been so many new words introduced in the last century. Look at all the differences between Shakespeare's English and ours. Go back 900 years and it is very difficult to understand.

900 years from now I imagine English will borrow even more words from other languages, and have lots of new words to describe things we haven't thought of yet. I'm with Kuci, it'll be much different.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Good question.

This would be the nearest analogy.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

900 years we might not even be around. Once GM viruses become high school science projects we're all pretty much dead...

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          There have been so many new words introduced in the last century. Look at all the differences between Shakespeare's English and ours. Go back 900 years and it is very difficult to understand.

900 years from now I imagine English will borrow even more words from other languages, and have lots of new words to describe things we haven't thought of yet. I'm with Kuci, it'll be much different.
          New words sure, but I was under the impression that Kuci meant syntax (as he said it would require "several years of study"). I'd say more like a few weeks...
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Well 12-century "English" was an entirely different language. I don't think we'll evolve as much as it did, but I do think vocabulary alone will change enough to make things difficult.

Comment

Working...
            X