No announcement yet.

Obama Suggests Jesus Christ Not the Only Way to Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoMo is an abomination, Matt. It leads to freaky abortion art projects and other such squickery.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• PoMo
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• i actually find the postmodernist art forms in the abortion art form you mentioned as being morally repulsive, but not all postmodernism is like that

from what i've read there are two types of postmodernism:

one which rejects previous premodernist (religious/spiritual/traditional) ways of thinking and both modernist (scientific/logic/reason) based thinking, and thus is seen as something that is empty of value, that life is meaningless and is in some ways a form of nihilism

another is called episemological pluralism, which believes that both scientific and spiritual ways of thinking hold elements of truth and some view that both are one and the same, simply different perspectives of the same tale

I personally belong to the second group, for example I found a fair number of similarities between the first chapters in Genesis and the ideas of scientific astronomical evolution, but if you don't see that i'd happily be able to discuss that on another thread if you'd like

peace

Matt
        "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
          PoMo is an abomination, Matt.
          Though I have that feeling that "PoMo" has become the sort of label everyone uses to describe stuff (good or evil) without there being a general consensus what PoMo actually would be, or if it can even be defined as a coherent "thing".
          Blah

Comment

Working...
          X