Serious question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question.

This will no doubt open me up for personal attacks but I would like to hear your honest answers. After a series of personal attacks by people on another forum (see my thread about communism) I am wondering what people's opinions of me are. Do I seem educated and well read to you? I honestly believe I am pretty accomplished in the sciences and I love reading about history and knowing obscure facts about obscure places so it hurts when I'm accused of not knowing anything. What's your take?

Please ignore any drunken typos right now.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I give you four thumbs up.

You do seem educated and thoughtful, level headed and well grounded.

You do tend to run down L.A. too much...but who doesn't?

Comment

Yeah, my friend from LA says I complain about LA to much as well.

Comment

Good idea! I think I'll have one too. Oerdin
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You're right sometimes, you're wrong sometimes. Worrying about what some people say on message boards is one of the "wrong sometimes"

Comment

Aeson has great wisdom.

Comment

That.. that doesn't work for me, Oerdin. I have to be honest with you. I gotta have more kos threads!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                Aeson has great wisdom.
                I hope this isn't one of the "wrong sometimes" for you...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    That.. that doesn't work for me, Oerdin. I have to be honest with you. I gotta have more kos threads!
                    Doesn't work? Like how?

Comment

Re: Serious question.

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      This will no doubt open me up for personal attacks but I would like to hear your honest answers. After a series of personal attacks by people on another forum (see my thread about communism) I am wondering what people's opinions of me are. Do I seem educated and well read to you? I honestly believe I am pretty accomplished in the sciences and I love reading about history and knowing obscure facts about obscure places so it hurts when I'm accused of not knowing anything. What's your take?

Please ignore any drunken typos right now.
                      I think you know my opinion.

Comment

The feeling is mutual.

Comment

If I have to say something nice, I, I, I er.. I agree with Kuciwalker.

My impression is that politically, you run with the fashionable and turn various soundbites of the day into deeply held personal convictions. It gets very predictable very fast, and I could see why people would interpret it as being 'uneducated'.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                            If I have to say something nice, I, I, I er.. I agree with Kuciwalker.
                            That's not very nice at all

Comment

You don't always know what you're talking about -- who does? -- but you seem committed and sincere, which to me is more valuable that the gadfly role so many lapse into on the internet.

Plus, you had the balls to make a thread like this (which I've always wanted to do, since I've been in the OT 6+ years yet mysteriously -- to me -- remain a nonentity).

So to you. Don't let the bastards get you down.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X