No announcement yet.

Brits Spend 5 Pounds Each Day on Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And besides, I'd like me an authentic British Shepard's Pie, or Bangers and Mash, etc.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Cornish pasties.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
        No diet coke?
        I brought a Diet Pepi from home...with Wild Cherry flavor, from the African savana's thundering herds of wild cheeries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
          I made the mistake of trying a linqua taco the other day though. Ick. Cow tongue is just so rubbery. :/
          Cow tongue sandwich with some mustard and 2 slices of pickles

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
            $0.30 or so cents worth of rice and beans, daily. Food is fuel, not a hobby.

Rice and beans for food, tuna and bananas for snacks. 90 cents per snack, 60 cents per lunch.

Comment

• We do get a bit screwed on lunch prices in London I think, but outside it's not so harsh.

I usually spend £3 on a sandwich (which isn't enough for a whole lunch) and bring in fruit from home, because I'm too tight to spend the best part of a £1 on a piece of fruit from sandwich shops like Pret.

Lunch at a restaurant isn't bad value though because the market is very competitive - you can get change for a £10 for high quality food and a drink for any cuisine you want

Comment

• Originally posted by classical_hero
                Google gives us this possible answer to that. Ferret Free Zones. If you don't believe me, then look it up yourself.
                I'm not surprised as it is now (or rather last I heard) a private forum. Originally the Free Fire Zone was set up after AoA got booted from the moderator's position at CFC and only right wing ********* were invited to join. However since it was then a public forum lots of people linked to their stupid threads just so everyone could laugh at them. Eventually AoA got tired of being laughed at and made it a members only forum even for viewing thus google won't index it.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  They are cool. Compared to the big faceless, bureaucratic organisation I used to work for before it is brilliant, especially with how laid back the Germans seem to be in comparison to their stereotype.
                  What? Are you telling me people in Saarbrücken aren't wearing Pickelhauben, don't shout "Jawohl!" and "Verboten!" and aren't leering at France?

What has this country come to...

Comment

• I agree with Sir Ralph. This is not the Europe conquering Germany we know and like. You know who else is laid back? Mexico and no one wants to be like them.

When I visit Germany, I demand to have columns of goose stepping soldiers in well ironed Prussian uniforms and the "Horst-Wessel-Lied" blasted on loud speakers at all hours of the day.

Comment

• I usually brown bag it. I probably eat out for lunch 1-2 times per month.

I ate out today. I spent $12 (including tax & tip).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Cornish pasties.
                        The West Cornwall Pasty Company.

Ginsters.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Going out for an "English" for lunch .

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                            It is ridiculous Americans are dignifying the thread title (I don't lose pounds at lunch I gain them LOL) by converting dollars into pounds for all the retarded Frenchies who can't google a calculator to save their lives. As if anyone cares how much your fat ass hamburger cost in play money.
                            The figure in the thread title is from an article in the local paper I couldn't link to. There are roughly two dollars in a pound.

Back to the topic. It is interesting how lunch is not that much cheaper here than in the US or UK, despite the fact that we're several times poorer in GDP/capita.

At least the alcohol is cheaper

Comment

• Originally the Free Fire Zone was set up after AoA got booted from the moderator's position at CFC and only right wing ********* were invited to join. However since it was then a public forum lots of people linked to their stupid threads just so everyone could laugh at them. Eventually AoA got tired of being laughed at and made it a members only forum even for viewing thus google won't index it.
                              How would you know?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

I brought a Diet Pepi from home...with Wild Cherry flavor, from the African savana's thundering herds of wild cheeries.
                                Glad to hear you're getting your fruit, very important.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X