Income gap still widening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I almost got into a car accident with the actor who played Omar Little.

He flipped me off, and I yelled a string of curse words at him.

I wish I was that cool. I never bump into really famous people.

My only claim to fame is that I once saw Cory Cross in Loblaws and then Tie Domi buying jewellry for whatever chick he was shagging around on his wife with.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• They often go hand in hand (edit: criminal and stupid).

New Zealand is now a retirement home for wealthy foreigners.
      I've thought about it.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

They were staying rent free because they were "working" on the house for my landlord (he owned both houses). We called the cops on them a couple of times because the guy was beating up on his wife. They had their 16 year old son with them, and one day 4 cop cars rolled up the wrong way on my street, 6 cops burst out and they kicked down the door. Apparently the son had mugged some guy on the street and walked home (during the middle of the day) some passers-by followed him home and called the cops on him.

Criminal and stupid
        Oh man. Bad stuff. The superintendent at my old building used to smoke weed all the time, but that was cool because he was always mellow if anything broke in our house.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Accountable to whom?

I've worked for both, and yes, the charities have less public scrutiny, but they are much more careful about the bottom line, and where the money goes.
          I've even recieved charity. I didn't have to prove my income or anything, and I'm positive that no one checked anything. In fact, all a person would have to do is lie to them, and they've broken no laws.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Accountable to whom?

I've worked for both, and yes, the charities have less public scrutiny, but they are much more careful about the bottom line, and where the money goes.
            Does the name "Red Cross" ring a familiar note?

Comment

• I've even recieved charity. I didn't have to prove my income or anything, and I'm positive that no one checked anything. In fact, all a person would have to do is lie to them, and they've broken no laws.
              Oh, very true. But the charity can also decide to stop helping you at any time.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Oh, very true. But the charity can also decide to stop helping you at any time.
                I don't think that's a good thing, but I don't think charities usually turn people away. They usually just give things out until there is no more to give out.

That's the way it is around here. There are some cases where there are requirements, like having to be in a recovery program, but no income qualifications, not that I know of.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
                  The gap is irrelevant as long as the income for the bottom increased enough to still provide a decent living (I don't know off the top of my head if this is the case).

Why do you care how much more someone else might have if you are fine? I know I don't.
                  By and large I agree unless it creates a bifurcated society.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                  X