Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many handshakes away are you from Happy Putin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There may be a shorter route than that, depending on whether Lord Butler has ever met Putin in person.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      PH, what makes you think I shook hands with Gerd S., in fact I haven't?!
      I am sure you said you'd shaken hands with him when you met him...well it looks like the (potential) Lord Butler connection is better than yours anyway
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Even if he hasn't, it would still go Me->Lord Butler->[insert appropriate prime minister/foreign secretary]->Vladimir Putin.

I can pretty much get to most Prime Ministers via one intermediary. Hah!
        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Because Lord butler is from Hull and bla bla bla.

If I ever met Schröder and shook his hand I must have forgotten it for some odd reason

Comment

LordShiva > Lord Butler
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well f**k you then And I may even have other such routes of contact

And Lord Butler was the Master of University College for some of the time when I was there, but he was previously Cabinet Secretary (head of the civil service in effect)...so nothing to do with Hull. I've never met John Prescott, although I have been overtaken by him on the A164
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Though I wonder how so many of these American posters have met GW and shaken hands, suppose it's for the military though. He probably shakes hand of every man who goes to Iraq or something

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  LordShiva > Lord Butler
                  You've met Lord Butler? You know that means:

LordShiva > Lord Butler > Provost Harrison

?
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

He's using the '>' to indicate a notion of superiority, not a hand shaking contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      LordShiva > Lord Butler > Provost Harrison
                      This is probably true.

If we're talking handshakes, though, it actually goes:

LordShiva -> Provost Harrison
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                      X