Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HA HA! Rush Limbaugh's big mouth will likely get Democrat elected!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Santorum has stated that primaries should be closed, and prevent people from voting.

I'm of the opinion that open primaries are superior, in that they are more democratic.

Honestly, I should think the Democrats would want the candidate chosen by the greater number of people rather then the fewer.

As for losing congressional districts, why does that have anything to do with Limbaugh? People who register Dem can still vote Republican in the general election.
    I'm actually for open primaries as they will likely force parties back to the center and away from the extremes. As I've said it is hilarious when partisan attempts by extremists back fire on them.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      Olberman report in the OP.

True, he is a conservative Democrat but Limbaugh is constantly saying all Democrats are evil so it is still funny. Plus even conservative Democrats still vote with the party on most important issues.
      What is the polling data? Olbermann is saying electing the moderate MAY help the Democrats. But he's just guessing and his wordage indicates as much.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Then again, as Olbermann states, the Democrat is supposedly very, very conservative (he states more conservative than 85% of Republicans). Would Limbaugh rather have Republicans or conservatives? That's a big question here.
        There's no such thing anymore, at a federal level. Even far right Dems like Chet Edwards, Gene Taylor, or Jim Matheson are to the left of the vast majority of House Republicans. Childers looks like he would follow the pattern:
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Ah, in that case, the moderate would HELP the Republicans in the general, I'd imagine.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm actually for open primaries as they will likely force parties back to the center and away from the extremes. As I've said it is hilarious when partisan attempts by extremists back fire on them.
            Which is what operation chaos is all about.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Full PM-box? Change here!

Ah, in that case, the moderate would HELP the Republicans in the general, I'd imagine.

As I was saying, I haven't heard of any ideological daylight between the Republicans. They're both pretty right-wing.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

What's interesting is that this is a 'vacant seat' election, and further there is a special election in a few weeks (April 22nd) for this seat between the two candidates (and a third guy who has no chance). So voters will get a few months trial period with their representative and then will get to vote between the same two guys again

Very curious if the vote will change between one period and the next...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

In virtually every case, the candidate who wins a special election, wins the general election (against the same opponent) by a bigger margin.

The only exception I can think of was when DeLay resigned a few months before the 2006 election - forcing the party to run a write-in candidate, and the Dem opponent Nick Lampson didn't bother competing in the special because he'd be sworn in a month later. So, the Republican became a member of Congress for a few weeks where she gained some notoriety (going crazy on her staff, etc.), had to give up her seat on the Houston City Council, and her seat was subsequently picked up by a Dem. She's running again, incidentally, against Lampson. She first has to win the runoff, and I'm cheering for her. Snelly Gibbr
                  -Bokonon

Comment

The Republicans had a good run. While the current version of the party may not be worth it, I tip my hat to those old Republicans who represented the honor, discipline, and liberty of America.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                    X