CanPol - Do we have our election issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    ... a sign of how power mad Steve is ...

That would be a great topic. Start a thread and I'll trash you on the issue.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Harper will just steal Dion's lunch money again.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Probably. Dion is a very weak candidate. That doesn't change the fact Harper is a control freak though.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
          Ah, the posters with the Torie shaded glasses have arrived.

Forget that. Wanting to actually govern is just a sign of how power mad Steve is according to the Wezil's of the country.

Do you remember the big complaint against Martin? Ah, yes. The guy wanted to govern like he had a majority even though he was in minority. The *****ing and moaning by the right b/c Martin wouldn't compromise...

Short memories out west apparently. Oil fumes?
          I hope you are not referring to me since I

--am not a Tory
          --have never commented that Martin should not attempt to govern

I do like the Tories over the Liberals at the moment because

-- I am still far from over the corruption of the Liberals
          -- I want to actually give the Tories a chance to govern
          - I find the Liberals hypocritical on Afghanistan-- After getting us into the situation I think you have to make reasonable efforts to see it through
          -- I actually believe Harper morer than Dion (despite Harper's celebrated flip-flop on income trusts)

BUt in a year or two I could be Liberal supporter

heck provincially in Alberta I would discard the Conservatives in a second if there was a credible alternative
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I've voted NDP the last two times I've been able to vote, but this is the first time I've seriously thought about voting conservative. I like most of what Harper has done and would be ready to see him govern for another few years. I approve of our NATO/aftgan stance and hope we stay in there to be a major influence in the country for along time. And thats coming from a major military town here.
            The liberals started the whole thing and I'd appreciate them alot more then I currently do, if they'ed be willing to stay in there and make things right.
            The NDP has lost alot of my support for their complete withdrawl position. And they have been pretty shoddy on most other issues too.

Comment

I still predict that Wezil's avatar will be mine.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Forget that. Wanting to actually govern is just a sign of how power mad Steve is according to the Wezil's of the country.

Do you remember the big complaint against Martin? Ah, yes. The guy wanted to govern like he had a majority even though he was in minority. The *****ing and moaning by the right b/c Martin wouldn't compromise...

Short memories out west apparently. Oil fumes?
                Yeah. Ignoring a lack of confidence in the House of Commons is something all majorities do, isn't it?

Also, the big complaint about Martin was style of government? Are advertising practices 'style of government'?

That would be a great topic. Start a thread and I'll trash you on the issue.
                I believe it is possible that you are taking yourself far too seriously.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yeah. Ignoring a lack of confidence in the House of Commons is something all majorities do, isn't it?

Also, the big complaint about Martin was style of government? Are advertising practices 'style of government'?
                  You brought up the "wanting to govern" angle. The implication being the nasty opposition wouldn't let the rightfully elected government do their job.

According to Conservative logic: When Libs are in Minority all parties should oppose every piece of their legislation for the crap it is unless full consultation with the opposition is performed. When Cons are in Minority the opposition should vote for the glorious Conservative legislation ASAP and quit *****ing about it.

I believe it is possible that you are taking yourself far too seriously.
                  No, you just chose a dog of an issue if you think Harper is anything but a control freak.

Flubber - No, you were not the one I knew would support Harper regardless of faults. Some people (my father for example) will vote the Tory brand w/o thinking. It doesn't matter they're the new Coke.

Comment

Since when is the Senate supposed to be part of the Opposition?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The Senate is Harper's whipping boy. The Senate has nothing to do with Afghannistan. From the article:

The stage is set for a showdown - and possibly an election - over Canada's combat mission in Afghanistan.
                      Dion said the Liberals will offer amendments to the government motion, to bring it in line with the Grit position.
                      I think Harper fears an election on that issue so he has nicely offered up the Senate as the reason for the delay in his crime legislation (change the channel politics). No mention of the fact

Opposition politicians also note that four of the five bills reintroduced last fall were on track to pass last spring - until the Conservatives opted to cut the parliamentary session short and begin a fresh one.

Or the fact that he overloaded the Justice Committee. Nope. Just an obstructionist Senate. And you buy the line.

Comment

How do you know what I buy?

My comments have been more about the crime bills issue. I commented that Harper is framing the issue for an election, and that some people were bound to see Harper in a certain light. And right on cue, you popped up.

Talk about buying the line.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Yeah, alright. Don't miss the rally NYE.

Comment

When you want to discuss issues and ideas, and not your preconceived opinions about people, perhaps we could have a productive discussion.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Some people (my father for example) will vote the Tory brand w/o thinking. It doesn't matter they're the new Coke.
                              My Dad does that too. He votes Tory at the Federal level every single time, except I think Mulroney, he really hates him. Yet he usually votes Liberal provincially.

Come to think of it, the whole damn riding does that.

aww well, good ole Ontario, quite the place. Maybe its something to do with the car fumes as well.

You cowpokers out west can rest be assured he will probably vote for Mr Harper this time around as well. I think he likes him.

Ontario is interesting in the fact that the cities lean liberal but the towns, villages and the rural areas lean conservative.

In my city which has quite a blend. Their always seem to be a battle between the two. I always can tell which way people lean and I don't have to talk to them much to figure it out. Younger people are a more mixed bag with both a mixture of conservative and liberal values.

Comment

When you want to discuss issues and ideas, and not your preconceived opinions about people, perhaps we could have a productive discussion.
                                A discussion with you regarding the faults of Conservatives is a fruitless exercise. You wear tinted glasses wrt this party.

Comment

Working...
                                X