Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think will be the next President of the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Obama will win. I'd like to see Richardson as a VP for the Democratic ticket (since he'll never get the #1 spot).

I'm a little depressed that Huckabee is doing so well, the schmuck

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
      I think Obama will win. I'd like to see Richardson as a VP for the Democratic ticket (since he'll never get the #1 spot).

I'm a little depressed that Huckabee is doing so well, the schmuck
      Actually, if you want Obama to win, Huckabee's performance should make you happy.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
        But a #2 is good enough to Be the parties #2 which is all he ever had a chance at IMHO. Edwards demographics are very complementary to both to both of the front runners and I the chance that he would be tapped for VP is increased. In fact I think thats been his main goal all along with the Nomination itself as a marginal possibility.
        Possibly, but I always got the feeling that Edwards felt that getting the VP was more of a Booby prize. He only took it in 2004 as a chance to keep his name in the spotlight for his next bid for president.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If Huckabee doesn't do well in NH and McCain does, as is currently predicted, then it could come down to a race between McCain & Huckabee on the Republican side.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            If Huckabee doesn't do well in NH and McCain does, as is currently predicted, then it could come down to a race between McCain & Huckabee on the Republican side.
            Nah, your forget Guiliani, who's entire campaign strategy is centered around Feb 5th.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And of course there's the possibility of a Romney comeback. He'd need New Hampshire, though, IMHO.
              The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Giuliani looks dead and buried. When asked about his sixth place, 4% performance in Iowa (beating only Duncan Hunter), he said, "None of this worries me -- Sept. 11, there were times I was worried." He's on track to getting fifth in NH (beating Hunter and Thompson).

I still wouldn't count Romney out. As terrible as his IA performance was, he still looks like the most plausible Republican candidate in terms of support from the various GOP coalition members and national infrastructure. And Obama's victory doesn't help McCain at all.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                  Giuliani looks dead and buried. When asked about his sixth place, 4% performance in Iowa (beating only Duncan Hunter), he said, "None of this worries me -- Sept. 11, there were times I was worried." He's on track to getting fifth in NH (beating Hunter and Thompson).
                  A noun, a verb, Sept. 11.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                    One of the Republicans. I'm not sure which, nor do I overly care, but at the moment my money is on Giuliani.
                    /me puts mark in calendar for totally agreeing with Sir Ralph, turns attention to possibly spotting blue moon

Comment

I think McCain will win the Republican nomination in the end. He might pick up Huckabee as VP to get evangelicals. They have fiscal and religious conservatives there, plus they are the least xenophobic and can still get hispanic support.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Now there's an interesting question. Who would each candidate choose as a running mate?

I don't think Edwards wants to play second fiddle again, and Hillary would be humiliated. Romney certainly wouldn't be Huckabee's or McCain's VP.
                        Last edited by Alexander I; January 5, 2008, 17:06.
                        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Nah, your forget Guiliani, who's entire campaign strategy is centered around Sept. 11th.
                          Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Actually, if you want Obama to win, Huckabee's performance should make you happy.
                            His success saddens me, because of how many people agree with his wacko beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                              His success saddens me, because of how many people agree with his dangerous wacko beliefs.
                              Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I

Fixed.
                                QFT

Comment

Working...
                                X