No announcement yet.

Proof that lotteries are a tax on the stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't have lotteries, it's against the law where I live, but we do have gambling.

Lately with the slow economy, most of our money is coming from rich Chinese. Chinese are genetically smarter , so that proves gambling is not a tax on the stupid and poor.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
      Given it's a known fact that Americans are on average more stupid than the British...
      Sorry Mobi, -5 IQ is higher than -10 IQ.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Good one

I'm amused that lotteries are illegal in Nevada... that's freakin' hilarious.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Given it's a known fact that Americans are on average more stupid than the British...
          While the Welsh are staying busy practicing their..., what is it they're good at again?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, for starters you should take a closer look at the early history of your own country...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              While the Welsh are staying busy practicing their..., what is it they're good at again?
              Hard to pronounce city names is the correct answer, I believe.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

When I was young and single I always dreamed of having dates with girls like that. On a freezing winter night in the back seat of an unheated Ford Fairlane you could convince them it was too warm to wear 'those hot panties'. Of course, there were only so many female Brit exchange students to go around...
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

?? I still dream of dates with girls like that.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Proof that lotteries are a tax on the stupid

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    Originally posted by Lorizael

Oh god it's not? Is there a "laughing and crying at the same time" smiley?
                    We desperately need one for stories like this
                    I think this one would work for now:
                    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      We don't have lotteries, it's against the law where I live, but we do have gambling.

at OP: => => =>

Our smileys suffice!
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

This all makes perfect sense when you see humans as nothing more than highly trainable animals.
                        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Well, for starters you should take a closer look at the early history of your own country...
                          You mean when the gits and Brits swam over?
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Geez, what will Americans come up with next!

It's all a hoax to make them feel better about themselves.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

my mother buys lottery tickets and hides them from my father. she never wins.

Comment

I recieved a ticket at Christmas. The draw was 26Dec but I haven't checked the numbers yet. I figure as long as I wait I can say "I may be a millionaire" whereas as soon as I check I'm just back to being a peon.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X