No announcement yet.

Birdwatcher who killed cat says he was shot at; leaves Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit, it never occurred to me before that a birdwatcher might be armed.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I propose that Lorizael go stand on the porch for a while.

Comment

Someone calls Winston on his knee-jerk reaction and is threatened with violence. What a surprise!
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Evidently this guy is the Ted Nugent of the bird watching faction.
          Slowwy's on a roll.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            I imagine we could come up with a cartridge for you too, Riesstiu.
            Oh awesome! What kind of catridge and what's the name of the game? Nintendo or Super Nintendo?

Comment

There's a timely (and lengthy) article on this guy in today's NY Times Magazine.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Re: Birdwatcher who killed cat says he was shot at; leaves Texas

"Prosecutors said the cat was the pet of toll-bridge worker, who fed and cared for several strays."

Do they mean for several days?
                Otherwise what does this mean?

EDIT:
                Ok I'm dumb.
                After rereading a couple of times I got it.
                strays=stray cats.
                I think I missed a word when parsing before as I didn't get this.

Comment

Cats that didn't live in a home. They lived outdoors.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Lul - Are you implying a "stray" /= "pet"?

edit - nm, DanS'd again.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      I must admit, it never occurred to me before that a birdwatcher might be armed.
                      He's in Texas... of course he's armed!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Who really cares about a stray cat? The problem is the whiny "pro-animal rights" people are fighting to keep strays alive so that they can starve to death in the wild or worse yet become a public nusance. Animal control should do a better job of rounding up strays, owners who actually abandon their pets are the ones who should be on trial, as should irresponsible owners who don't sterilize their pets.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thank you for dropping by, Bob Barker.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Who really cares about a stray cat? The problem is the whiny "pro-animal rights" people are fighting to keep strays alive so that they can starve to death in the wild or worse yet become a public nusance. Animal control should do a better job of rounding up strays, owners who actually abandon their pets are the ones who should be on trial, as should irresponsible owners who don't sterilize their pets.
                            Who really cares about a stray bird? As was said before, he could have scare the bird or the cat and prevented the death of either animal.

You do realize that if every "irresponsible" owner sterilized their pets we wouldn't have any pets, don't you?

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

There'd still be professional breeders and we wouldn't have a problem with pet over population thus easing the expense on the tax payer to fund animal control projects.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                                Circumstances and Intent were irrelivent in all primitive codes of justice. For example if you built a house and the house collapsed and killed someone you were put to death just the same as if you commited pre-meditated murder. Society cared only about the result of your actions and not your character or state of mind. Disagreement over this principle continue to this day.
                                Not true. Most Western nations have done away with the death penalty. While the U.S. still has it, negligent homicide and felony murder cannot serve as a basis for the death penalty; rather, there must be "special circumstances."

Comment

Working...
                                X