Muhammed bear blasphemy makes baby Allah cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If the vox populi in Sudan gets its way they'll execute her.
    To use Nixon's quote, the "silent majority" in northern Sudan would rather their government spend its time on things that matter, probably less corruptly. It is the Sudanese' Hannity's' that go nuts over **** like this, and the loudest and most shrill voice usually carries the day when everyone else decides its not worth their time shouting back.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Dunno if it's a majority, but these here are not so silent:
      BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
      Blah

Comment

Hmm, lets see, they have Friday prayers, and the more militant come out....surprise.
        Oh, wait, not.

Comment

The "more militant" comprise the government as well. The Ambasssador(?) to Canada had some charming comments about this as well.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            Hmm, lets see, they have Friday prayers, and the more militant come out....surprise.
            Oh, wait, not.
            I admit I didn't know it was normal there to call for killing people after Friday prayers.
            Blah

Comment

I hope the child who suggested the name has been stoned to death. You can't have dangerous lunatics like that running around.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

I admit I didn't know it was normal there to call for killing people after Friday prayers.
                Tsk, not people, infidels.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  Dunno if it's a majority, but these here are not so silent:
                  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7121025.stm

This is insane... completely, absolutely insane...
                  The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

So what about the kids in her class?

Did they already have their trials?
                    After all it wasn´t the teachers lone decision to have the bear named muhammed but rather the result of the childrens votes.

And in contrast to an ignorant western teacher one should think these muslim kids knew (or should have known if their parents had raised them properly) that it isn´t correct to name a bear after the prophet.

It would therefore be only correct, to give these kids the same sentence as their teacher (if not even a harsher as they´re muslims)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Sudan wants her executed.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dry

This is insane... completely, absolutely insane...
                        The insanity is that we haven't demanded through force of arms the overturning of this farce.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                          The insanity is that we haven't demanded through force of arms the overturning of this farce.
                          Please tell me this is a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Please tell me this is a troll.
                            Or an oblique, ironic historical reference.

THINK!
                            Last edited by lord of the mark; November 30, 2007, 16:06.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

It was a silly, politically inspired prosecution over a law that I find nuts, but you know what? She did break the law in Sudan and after ten days more she goes home.
                              Are you sure? I can't seem to find the precise text of article 125 of the Sudanese criminal code online.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                                If the vox populi in Sudan gets its way they'll execute her.
                                And you know what ? Had the vox populi been heard in America after 9/11, Afghanistan would have been nuked.
                                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X