Muhammed bear blasphemy makes baby Allah cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramo
    Bears are clearly among the most Godless of animals...
    QFTruthiness!
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I really(really) want to see what Stephen Colbert has to say about this.

Comment

I would've liked to have seen more done by our government. Expelling diplomats is usually the done thing in this situation.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, they summoned the ambassador and demanded an explanation. I imagine they might have been quite stern.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

That’s a pretty huge generalisation! My experience of Islam on the whole is that it is a pretty tolerant religion. Or at least it was. In all the muslim countries I have been to (5), each has a long history of tolerating other religions and allowing them to co-exist peacefully. Though in Morocco and Egypt, in the 50’s, while there were relatively large Jewish communities, those have essentially dwindled to almost nothing. There is still however a large Christian minority in Egypt and St Catherine’s Monastery is one of the most important sites in Christendom, not to mention Mt Sinai itself (lovely view up the BTW). They still seem to be tolerated fine – in fact the only people that actively seem to be harassed is the Muslim Brotherhood…
            The articles I've read about the coptic Christians say that their numbers are rapidly dwindling. Particularily duriing the Nassar years they were very much discriminated against, even had special taxes levied upon them. While Mubaraks government doesn't officially dioscriminate against them, there is still community level pressure applied on them.

At the time of Napoleon's invasion between 30 to 50% of the Egyptian population was Christian. Now it's 10% or less.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The teacher is British right?

Can you imagine the UK is going to allow her to be jail or punished over this?
              Last edited by Vesayen; November 29, 2007, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Barley
                Wonder how many muslims will get a kicking in London tonight?

Its such a shame drunken idiots hand out their so called revenge in this way.
                What kickings? What drunks? What 'revenge'?

I see no reports of 'reprisals' in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                  Sounds like Paranoia is running high among some of the muslim top level clerics
                  It's not paranoia. It's victim-politics.

Comment

You know, what with the controversy over the Danish newspaper, and now this teacher, it's evident that we have not been respectful enough of the Islamic religion. We must press for legislation to remedy this situation. Such legislation should make it illegal to name any object animal or person after the Prophet in our countries. Likewise any mention of His name should be made illegal, and to prevent the accidental utterance of His name all discussion of His religion outside of officially registered mosques should be made illegal.

Furthermore, as I'm certain we can all appreciate, the persons most likely to violate these laws are the followers of His religion themselves. Therefore special police groups should be assembled to ensure compliance with the law. These police would be charged to use whatever means are necessary, including covert surveillance of members of the aforementioned high risk group to ensure that the law is obeyed. Finally I'm sure that we can all appreciate that it's one thing for an infidel to profane His religion, but what of those offences committed by those who profess to follow the Prophet? Surely that is much worse. Clearly the penalty levied on offenses committed by Muslims should be greater than those levied on non-Muslims. For Muslims the penalty should be of a type more in keeping with the spirit of Islamic law. Even though it be offensive to our mongrel decadent barbaric western sensitivities I think it would be appropriate to impose the death penalty, preferably by stoning or beheading, on any Muslim who shows disrespect to the Prophet's name by naming his child after the Prophet, mentioning His name in public, or even teaching the Koran outside of a duly designated Islamic place of worship.

We should get on this immediately, for we must make amends for our grievous desecrations of their religion.

Comment

It was a silly, politically inspired prosecution over a law that I find nuts, but you know what? She did break the law in Sudan and after ten days more she goes home.

so

Nice to know thought we have a English Aneesh wanna be.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

If the vox populi in Sudan gets its way they'll execute her.

Comment

She shouldn't have been there in the first place. These people don't deserve help.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I accept everyone but not everyone accepts me, therefore I AM tolerant, I can not possibly become more tolerant in this regard, yet I'm the intolerant one for not wanting to ban the use of certain words or associations or purely abstract things? I'm not trying to change you or your values, so how come I'm the intolerant one? I quite literally tolerate you guys, so why am I the intolerant one with the way I believe in things or do things that do not concern you? How am I being offensive by virtually just existing, and that makes my intolerant?

No no, I don't think so. I might be a racist, but I'm not intolerant. I'm libertarian. To me, people are individuals and they can do what they want as long as they won't stop others doing the same thing. We get along. But when you come to my corner, telling me how to live in a way that says, "you are intolerant if you refuse to be so offensive by the way you live"... then we do have a problem. Then I might have to throw down and when I throw down, the world throws down. This is quite true.

In a way, it happened in their country, it's their wish, I have no problem with it. After all, they make the rules so for all I care, what goes down is what they say goes down. BUT it damn well doesn't apply outside their borders, so if some dude starts to demand that I'll be "more tolerant", we have a problem. It's not something I condone or put up with. Sadly a lot of Euro pussies think they're being racists for allowing things like freedom of speech (Disclaimer: to some extent). But that's what euros are, a big bowl of pussies.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

So you tolerantly beat up punks?
                              Blah

Comment

No. I haven't engaged in a physical battle for a long time. Besides, I tolerate punks who are not messing with me. You see, when punks cross the line and invade my space, they have violated the very basic and liberal rule of live and letting live. That's unacceptable. You see, if this rule doesn't work, then it's no use. It has failed. Thus coercive power can and should be used to demolish jerks who are not playing by the "strict" rules of don't mess with people.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X