Pat Robertson Endorses Rudy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    BTW did anyone really think Pat Robertson, a die hard Protestant fundamentalist, would endorse a Mormon? The fundamentalists really do consider Mormons to be a nonChristian cult.
    They think the same of the Catholics.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: Re: Pat Robertson Endorses Rudy

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      I know virtually no one can spell Giuliani, but that's still pretty far off.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Remember that Robertson is Mr. Moral Majority. The Moral Majority said that it included social conservative RCs. Of course, I sense that very few RCs were influenced by or members of the Moral Majority.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          They think the same of the Catholics.

JM
          Not even close. You misunderestimate the sheer ickiness of Mormonism. Compared to them the RCC appears only a little misguided.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well, I Think it has toned down a bit. But to many fundamentalist protestant types, the Pope is the antiChrist and the Catholic church is the whore of Babylon. It is common in conservative circles in my church, for instance.

To be honest, the hypocracy of the 'moral majority' is amazing.
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Let's face it Republicans are all about 9/11 so Rudy is their shoe in candidate. We can skip the primaries now because everyone knows it will be Rudy vs Hillary.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                Do you think Clinton really wants to go after someone's private life? That seems like the surest way to provoke a MAD scenario.
                What did she do wrong? I don't recall any accounts of meange a trois with Monica.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

How ironic that at this very moment the ad banner at the top of this page is running an ad for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Contextual advertising strikes again!
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

So Pat Robertson is supporting a pro-choice, pro-gay, non-bornagain, multiple-divorcee candidate?

Hard times for the GOP indeed.

I haven't been watching the polls, but will be very curious to see whether this provides any significant bump to Giuliani. It may hurt him as much as it helps him. So, for later reference, I looked it up. Here are the national numbers as of Nov. 6:

CNN survey
                      Giuliani 28 percent
                      Thompson 19 percent
                      McCain 16 percent
                      Mitt Romney 11 percent

Newsweek had Giuliani leading Thompson by a margin of 30 to 15 percent. I expect Rudy to get an immediate bump, but question whether it will hold a month from now.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        How ironic that at this very moment the ad banner at the top of this page is running an ad for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
                        Poly has ads?

Comment

Isnt rudy pro-gay rights + pro-legal abortion?

How will christians who prefer republicans over dems due to these ethical issues, justify voting for Rudy?
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Why is it such a given that the christian right is somehow immune from a simple lesser-evil mentality? They have a choice between backing an unelectable socially conservative Republican and effectively guarantee a socially liberal Democrat in the White House, or backing a socially liberal Republican that has at least half a chance at winning.

At least Rudy promised to appoint strict-constructionists to the bench, which would at least slightly increase the odds of Roe v. Wade eventually being overturned even if he happens to be pro-choice. To Robertson's ilk that's a lesser evil than having a demonrat make appointments for eight years. As for Giuliani's stance on gay rights, that doesn't mean a whole lot given that gay issues are almost entirely decided by the states and would continue to be with him as President.
                            Last edited by Darius871; November 7, 2007, 23:54.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                              Why is it such a given that the christian right is somehow immune from a simple lesser-evil mentality? They have a choice between backing an unelectable socially conservative Republican and effectively guarantee a socially liberal Democrat in the White House, or backing a socially liberal Republican that has at least half a chance at winning.
                              It's because the fundies' public presentation of themselves is as a group that is ideologically inflexible/uncompromising. MoveOn will end up in the same position when they finally endorse Hillary.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

you know, this is almost as bad as a bible thumper getting busted hitting on guys in a bathroom. Rudy and Pat dont agree on much at all, certainly not on abortion. All that BS about being pro life is a smokescreen, at least Dobson said he couldn't endorse Rudy.

Comment

Working...
                                X