Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 2: What do gays PRIMARILY look for in their partners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW Asher, thanks for the answer. Do you even know how stupid that makes you "guys" sound? It's an honest question that many find intriguing. I wasn't confronting you, I was asking seriously, but immediatly, you felt cornered and answered like a 15 year old boy. Get over your self.

It's a retarded question that generalizes an incredibly complex and person-specific question. It doesn't deserve a serious answer.

As for relationship duration, I've been in my relationship for 4.5 years now.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

QCubed: Are you teh bi? I'd no idea.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Before I tell you guys, I would like to have this answered. Generally, may it be with gay man or gay women, do their relashionships tend not to last as long as hetero couples do? I honestly have no idea.
        Well the stereotype is that gay men will almost all have lots of sex with lots of different partners. Some may settle down with one person.

The stereotype for lesbians is commited relationships-- with very little fooling around.

Since these sterotypes are pretty much the same as for heteros . .. men want sex, women want relationships - -- take it as just that-- a stereotype
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Sex isn't a big deal, it's a bothersome physical affair that only has meaning if there's an emotional connection.
          I actually think that this is an unfortunate opinion. To consider sex to be bothersome??

TRy to have more fun and if you don't want sex without an emotional connection well then don't have it. It should be a pleasurable activity and never, ever as negative as you portray it
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            It's a retarded question that generalizes an incredibly complex and person-specific question. It doesn't deserve a serious answer.
            Still feeling cornered?

As for relationship duration, I've been in my relationship for 4.5 years now.
            Not talking about you, talking about in general.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Asher is right, Spec. We tried to explain this in the other thread, but you wouldn't accept it.

Just go ahead and make your big proclaimation about what you think the answer is.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Still feeling cornered?
                Cornered? Why would I be cornered?

I'm open about my sexuality. I'd feel more cornered if I were a French Canadian not-so-subtly inquiring about homosexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  BTW Asher, thanks for the answer. Do you even know how stupid that makes you "guys" sound? It's an honest question that many find intriguing. I wasn't confronting you, I was asking seriously, but immediatly, you felt cornered and answered like a 15 year old boy. Get over your self.

- FACT!
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Hmmmm FACT, is it?

Then, answer me this.

Most of us agreed in the other thread that we could generalize for hetero men and women. Right?

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Actually, lots of posters objected to that, including (in his special way) Asher.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

But MOST agreed.

Yes, or no?

Easy question. The answer is yes.

You, wiggy and LS (For some reason) disagreeded. I understand that your wife is "special" in a kind of way but not different as I explained, wiggy always disagrees no matter what....why LS disagrees is beyond me....

So my other question is, why is it wrong to generalize with gays? If Asher could be a little more mature and reasonnable, he could probably tell me why its bad to generalize with gayss and not with heteros.

Spec.

Comment

Golly, Spec, why is it that every single statement you make is a gross generalization? Gross generalizations are never right, Spec. Only douches make generalizations.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So my other question is, why is it wrong to generalize with gays? If Asher could be a little more mature and reasonnable, he could probably tell me why its bad to generalize with gayss and not with heteros.

Spec.
                            It is bad to generalize both. Taste is subjective.

For instance, I find the concept of being in the same room as you repulsive but I'm sure there's at least one creepy old guy in the world salivating over taking you to bed and making you beg for mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                              Asher is right, Spec. We tried to explain this in the other thread, but you wouldn't accept it.
                              Indeed. Though I wouldn't go as far as Asher in calling the question 'retarded', but a number of us were claiming that generalising about this with a straight-forward 'one size fits all' answer is likely to be an over-simplification.

Comment

Yeah, I posted stupid answers in the other thread because that one was silly too. It was also just a bit smug. "I know what women want in a relationship, do you?". Please.

Most people agreeing with you in the other thread doesn't mean very much IMO. Poly is hardly a bastion of great relationship advice or knowledge.

Even so, I think a lot of people disagreed and many more didn't post coherent disagreements because we couldn't be bothered.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X