Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 2: What do gays PRIMARILY look for in their partners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AAHZ
    i will let this stop here for risk of offending anybody/going too far. i have given my honest perspective to the OP based on my experiences in the gay community.

i congragulate you Asher on your successful relationship

but you really should log on to CraigsList and take a look at the men seeking men forum. the "gay paradise" theory is shot down fairly quickly

pieceâ„¢
    Craigslist "adult personals" for representing all gay relationships?

You, sir, just blew my mind.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• This thread is depressing
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Craigslist "adult personals" for representing all gay relationships?

You, sir, just blew my mind.

I just took a look at craigslist-- If you took that as a sample, all the hetero men (men seeking women) are looking for immediate sex while all the women seeking men seem to be prostitutes.-- a real representative sample

I could agree that it does seem that there are gay men that are seeking and finding immediate no strings sex-- I just think that there are a similar proportion of straight men seeking the same thing but simply finding far fewer straight women that are seeking it
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• ON length of gay relationships, my gay uncle ("came out" to the family about 25 years ago although he was known to party hard with both sexes even as a teen) has been in a relationship for about 12 years now (brought the guy home to meet the family about 9 years ago).

I have no idea as to if they are monogomous or about any top or bottom stuff. They are both fit lean men in their mid 50s with a similar look-- regular looking men.
          To an outsider who only sees them every couple of years it is not possible to really discern any really different "gender roles".

I understand my uncle was pretty wild back in the day though. I doubt that there is any number of participants, acts, chemical or narcotic enhancements are outside his experience.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Are they newfs?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Think we'll get an honest answer from you anytime soon? I know you read the whole thread and cant deny understanding my question.

For what its worth, I would like that.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Are you looking for what guys are looking for in partners, or what I look for in a partner?

Even then, I don't have a set list of criteria. I meet someone, I like them or I don't. Some things I like about some people I hate about others. I don't want to pretend there's logic or rationale behind it, because I'm smart enough to know emotions like love transcend the rational. And what I look for in my partner is love.

So, there you go.

Comment

Are they newfs?
                  My uncle was born there but has lived in BC forever (although he had a few years where he seemed to spend more time in Mexico, Greece or various Asian places than anywhere in Canada)

His partner I think is originally from Ontario but worked in BC his entire adult life

Does it matter (other than the fact that Newfoundland is very much a small-town type of place with pretty conservative views on sexuality)?

My grandfather actually took it all in good form when he was told his youngest boy was gay . Since he would have been in his 70s at the time (yes some people keep things from people that long) I was impressed. I think he basically saw a person's sexual preferences as a person's own personal business that changed nothing about how he saw them otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                    Does it matter (other than the fact that Newfoundland is very much a small-town type of place with pretty conservative views on sexuality)?
                    Yes, it's all the more funny when they have newfie accents.

Comment

Are you looking for what guys are looking for in partners, or what I look for in a partner?

Even then, I don't have a set list of criteria. I meet someone, I like them or I don't. Some things I like about some people I hate about others. I don't want to pretend there's logic or rationale behind it, because I'm smart enough to know emotions like love transcend the rational. And what I look for in my partner is love.

So, there you go.
                      Does the looking for love part come before or after the length and girth part?

Sorry - To be serious, I agree with you in that I also can find little logic or reason behind why I connect so well with some people. Even on the superficial stuff, I could go from a petite and fiery tempered woman to a large breasted nurturing woman and find both incredibly compatible with me despite the fact they had very little in common

Comment

Yes, it's all the more funny when they have newfie accents.
                        People in general or are you saying there is something particularly funny about a gay man with a newfoundland accent.

WE already know that French accents are a turn off for you

Comment

Working...
                        X