Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 2: What do gays PRIMARILY look for in their partners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread seems all Canadian to me. Is that what Canadian bacon means anyway?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Gays find the following characteristics appalling in mates:

1) Obsessions with cars (especially ones with small sizes, and I don't care explanations about why it's more efficient/powerful for its size...SIZE DOES MATTER)
      2) French accents
      3) Fatness

Gays look for, in men:
      1) Length
      2) Money
      3) Girth

In that order.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, Asher.

/thread.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

1) Obsessions with cars (especially ones with small sizes, and I don't care explanations about why it's more efficient/powerful for its size...SIZE DOES MATTER)
          2) French accents
          3) Fatness

Gays look for, in men:
          1) Length
          2) Money
          3) Girth Brooks? look alike???

In that order.
          Ok...I reckon, just never heard that

Oh and for the record, I reckon

3) Fatness

I reckon If anything happens to my wife i wont find no love nowhere
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

That's a pretty difficult question;

My ex-roomates was gay, and I did go with him and his friends, several times, to their gaybar in Quebec City. One of them became a good friend of me; he was a pretty good and challenging chess player.

They exist "feminine" and "masculine" gay. By which I want to say; more sensitive guy, who want long term relationship, who seems to have more feminine aspect.

The only long term gay couple that I know is composed from a "feminine" and a more manly "gayman"; but principally they are complementary.

One guy is the one who do not give a **** about how he look(he wear construction boots to go at his uni class and he is studying Litterature), where he lives, how rich is he... he is 27y old and he don't even have his driver license. And his boyfriend is having money, having a career, he is very methodical, he is very organized, he doesn't throw away all his money, he have a beautiful house, he have a good sense of fashion, etc... And you know what... It's the most perfect couple(hetero & homo) that I know.

So what gay are looking for their partner; I don't know; since they exist many kind of gay. But I think they just reproduce the same male/female pattern than the one in hetero couple.
            (one of them, who was a feminine gayman; always found in love with ex-prisoners, thieves, bad guys, with what we can maybe categorize by an Alpha male.
            Last edited by CrONoS; November 5, 2007, 22:01.
            bleh

Comment

Well, the politically incorrect theory is that they are messed up and don't know what they want. Not that plenty of heterosexuals aren't equally messed up and don't know what they want.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

As for myself, I look for the same things in a potential partner, regardless of what bits they have:

1. Intellectual acuity -- thinking and laughing.
                2. Emotional stability/security -- not necessarily psychological, but rather the expectation that should any entanglement arise, the idea is that it'll be for the longer term. I don't have enough of a heart to waste on idle and ephemeral relationships.
                3. Independence/symbiosis -- I'm a finnicky sort of person, so ideally the significant counterpart would be their own person, but wouldn't mind sharing the same air and presence, even if we're not doing remotely the same thing.

I'm not what one would consider "feminine", I guess, in my outward behavior, but in every relationship I've been in, I've taken the more nurturing, non-masculine role. I'd rather he or she do the driving, the simple and quick decisionmaking, the behaviors considered more "aggressive" and so on, while I enjoy the cooking and cleaning, the "passive" stuff, among other things.

*shrugs* For what it's worth, anyway.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

2) French accents
                  3) Fatness

Gays look for, in men:
                  1) Length
                  2) Money
                  3) Girth

In that order.
                  Re: Asher's "appalling" list:
                  1. I don't like muscle cars, but if they like efficient, eco-friendly ones, it appeals to my geek sensibility.
                  2. I tend to like European accents.
                  3. Unless they're obese, I don't really mind.

Re: Asher's "desirable" list:
                  1 and 3 are meh. Sex isn't a big deal, it's a bothersome physical affair that only has meaning if there's an emotional connection.
                  2. This, I wouldn't mind getting. I won't lie about that.
                  B♭3

Comment

Spec you never said what you thought gay people were looking for in a long term relationship.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Grandpa, don't worry, there are these bear communities. They like bigger guys over there, so if you're large sized male, you'll be a supermodel there. There's always hope.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

At the moment, I'm looking for a pulse, the ability to speak a coherent sentence and being mentally stable.

2 out of these three will put any man leagues ahead of my last few boyfriends.
                        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

even though I'm not gay, I think I can speak for all gay men. big schlong.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                            At the moment, I'm looking for a pulse, the ability to speak a coherent sentence and being mentally stable.

2 out of these three will put any man leagues ahead of my last few boyfriends.
                            /me delurks to say ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                              Spec you never said what you thought gay people were looking for in a long term relationship.
                              Before I tell you guys, I would like to have this answered. Generally, may it be with gay man or gay women, do their relashionships tend not to last as long as hetero couples do? I honestly have no idea.

BTW Asher, thanks for the answer. Do you even know how stupid that makes you "guys" sound? It's an honest question that many find intriguing. I wasn't confronting you, I was asking seriously, but immediatly, you felt cornered and answered like a 15 year old boy. Get over your self.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                                Sex isn't a big deal, it's a bothersome physical affair...
                                Well that's an unusual opinion.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X