No announcement yet.

Let's say thanks to the U.S. troops in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living in an area with a Naval Base. I am more inclined to say thanks to the naval personnel.
    "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

Well, Einstein, naval personnel are U.S. troops.
      Cards sent go to all branches. You can't choose your branch is all; and why should you?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Well, Einstein, naval personnel are U.S. troops.
        Cards sent go to all branches. You can't choose your branch is all; and why should you?

/me thinks he heard once here at Camp Lejeune that the Navy was a Taxi service for the Marines, who, incidently, are a part of the U S Navy
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
          Thanks for being gangsters of capitalism guys.
          This statement reminds me of coming across something similar when I was in graduate school. I remember reading in a book that included an account from a former Marine with a troubled conscience; he described himself as "a racketeer for U.S. corporations" when he recounted his duties as a Marine in the first half of twentieth century.
          Last edited by MrFun; October 14, 2007, 01:48.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Not a bad thought, if you're dealing with robotics.
            These are human beings.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Hey Slowwy, this is the definition of racketeer from dictionary.com:

A person who commits crimes such as extortion, loansharking, bribery, and obstruction of justice in furtherance of illegal business activities.

Where your comment about robotics fits in with this, I do not know.

Comment

Don't do anything then, if that's how you feel.

Comment

WTF are you trying to say?

Comment

paraphrasing a little South Park philosophy...or Team America

Sure we're pr!cks, but thats what you need to deal with a$$holes

I just get tired of our pols keeping us in the dark, the worst of 9/11 could have been avoided had we been kept informed of the threat of hijacking planes.

Comment

Working...
                    X